Page 335 of 375 FirstFirst ... 235285325333334335336337345 ... LastLast
Results 3,341 to 3,350 of 3743

Thread: Obligatory Wristwatch Thread

Site Supporter
    The latest reference of the Seamaster 300m Master Chronometer with the sandwich dial and aluminum bezel is amazing.

Sort of on topic; had to share:
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

the Omega that @NPV linked is brilliant. That, and the Cartier Santos occupy the highest spots on my wrist-list.

Site Supporter
    Name:  20230514_122317.jpg
Views: 505
Size:  45.3 KB

Apple watch Ultra

RFI from the Apple watch crowd. My dad is 88 and insists on continuing to live by himself despite a multitude of health issues. He's prone to falling down and we're looking at an Apple watch primarily because of the fall detection. He has a Samsung phone so we would get an LTE so he would have the ability to make emergency calls without linking the watch to a phone. How reliable/sensitive is the fall detection? How easy is it to cancel the 911 should one fall and not need emergency assistance? I assume one can use voice commands to make a phone call? One of his issues is neuropathy and loss of fine motor skills in his hands.

Quote Originally Posted by DMCutter View Post
    RFI from the Apple watch crowd. My dad is 88 and insists on continuing to live by himself despite a multitude of health issues. He's prone to falling down and we're looking at an Apple watch primarily because of the fall detection. He has a Samsung phone so we would get an LTE so he would have the ability to make emergency calls without linking the watch to a phone. How reliable/sensitive is the fall detection? How easy is it to cancel the 911 should one fall and not need emergency assistance? I assume one can use voice commands to make a phone call? One of his issues is neuropathy and loss of fine motor skills in his hands.
    Can't speak to sensitivity of actual falls or cancelling EMS but if your dad was either of my deceased parents & they were receptive to an AAPL watch I'd already have them one. Started w/ a 4, now have an Ultra (cycling/swimming/USPSA/drills) that work's well if you use Siri (I don't) for calls & many X's when building stages for USPSA the fall detection thought I had fallen when it was me slamming things around. If ya buy direct from AAPL you've got 14 days from delivery to use it & return it for 100% refund plus the series 9 will be out in Sept/oct so ya should be able to get some sales soon on them.

Finally sacked up and ordered curved spring bars, NATOs are a fun change of pace and I really like them for a summer wearer.

Name:  IMG_5950.jpg
Views: 407
Size:  27.4 KB
    Name:  IMG_5972.jpg
Views: 402
Size:  47.5 KB
    Name:  IMG_5956.jpg
Views: 405
Size:  56.1 KB

Explorers. Yes and always

Also. And I don’t mean to rude. But everyone hates me anyway So, f*ck it

But if one is buying dive watch that isn’t a submariner- it’s a waste of time and money. And we know it because every watch in the category looks as much like a submariner as possible

Used market for Tudor and omega is trash. Used market for Rolex - still up.

If Rolex didn’t own Tudor they’d be just another hu hum brand. Don’t waste your energy on those place holders

You don’t need to suck off an AD to get a Sub. Got to chrono24. Get the newest, nicest, cheapest box and papers model. Yes it’ll be 1200-2000 Over retail. But that doesn’t matter. The Ad isn’t calling you. You can even buy it on affirm if you have to have it now. Yes. You’ll pay interest. Big boys pay to play. In a year your sub will still be a break even or small profit item should you need to sell. And you won’t have to live with wearing a lesser watch just due to availability.

Close out watch to celebrate something? No thank you.

Name:  2DA296F4-6536-4B03-BCA3-9566BBDA6B7A.jpg
Views: 416
Size:  36.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    Explorers. Yes and always

Also. And I don’t mean to rude. But everyone hates me anyway So, f*ck it

But if one is buying dive watch that isn’t a submariner- it’s a waste of time and money. And we know it because every watch in the category looks as much like a submariner as possible

Used market for Tudor and omega is trash. Used market for Rolex - still up.

If Rolex didn’t own Tudor they’d be just another hu hum brand. Don’t waste your energy on those place holders

You don’t need to suck off an AD to get a Sub. Got to chrono24. Get the newest, nicest, cheapest box and papers model. Yes it’ll be 1200-2000 Over retail. But that doesn’t matter. The Ad isn’t calling you. You can even buy it on affirm if you have to have it now. Yes. You’ll pay interest. Big boys pay to play. In a year your sub will still be a break even or small profit item should you need to sell. And you won’t have to live with wearing a lesser watch just due to availability.

Close out watch to celebrate something? No thank you.

Name:  2DA296F4-6536-4B03-BCA3-9566BBDA6B7A.jpg
Views: 416
Size:  36.3 KB
    I’m not offended, it’s true. I myself wanted a Rolex, ended up talking myself into two Tudors instead. Sold them and ended up with a Rolex………if I had spent the little extra over retail in the first place I would’ve been way better off.

Funny enough I got a text from AD today that they have an EXP1 for me, I’ll probably buy it and flip mine.

I personally would never buy a Rolex, no matter the price. They just don’t appeal to me.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

User Tag List