Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast

Thread: Instructions for becoming a site supporter...

Hello Mods,
    I received an email stating that my site supporter status was set to expire on August 14th? My site supporter status auto renewed on June 1st, so I’m not sure what the email was about.
    I can forward the email I received if needed to verify. Please let me know what’s going on.
    It doesn’t have to be fun to be fun ― Mark Twight

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Doublestack45 View Post
    Hello Mods,
    I received an email stating that my site supporter status was set to expire on August 14th? My site supporter status auto renewed on June 1st, so I’m not sure what the email was about.
    I can forward the email I received if needed to verify. Please let me know what’s going on.
    Best bet is to PM @LittleLebowski directly, only admin can deal with site supporter status issues.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    Best bet is to PM @LittleLebowski directly, only admin can deal with site supporter status issues.
    Fixed a coupla days ago.
    #RESIST

Site Supporter
    Trying to renew today.... Unable to avoid having to add a new payment method to the PP account I'm trying to close.

I've tried using an anonymous/private browser session on both FF and Chrome. Also tried using email addresses that I'm certain PP has never seen, while in private sessions.

Every time, PP knows it's me and sends my phone a code to log in to my account.

Can I send $$ via Zelle or some other method? I'm not going to add a payment method back to PP.

If I'm missing some workaround, please let me know the magic handshake.

Thanks! Sorry to be a bother.

ETA... The prompt says to click the order button next to your preferred payment method..... but... I only see one order button... Am I missing another option?

Name:  Bother.jpg
Views: 144
Size:  34.3 KB
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    Every time, PP knows it's me and sends my phone a code to log in to my account.

Can I send $$ via Zelle or some other method? I'm not going to add a payment method back to PP.

If I'm missing some workaround, please let me know the magic handshake.
    If PayPal or your browser automatically logs you into your account, you can manually log out and be presented with the following that provides you the option to pay using a credit/debit card and not through your account:

Name:  47F255A6-D561-465C-AE38-C895F1639302.jpg
Views: 154
Size:  20.2 KB

Or at least that's what happened to me just now.

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    ETA... The prompt says to click the order button next to your preferred payment method..... but... I only see one order button... Am I missing another option?

Name:  Bother.jpg
Views: 144
Size:  34.3 KB
    That's just an artifact of how the vBulletin backend is coded. Multiple payment methods are technically feasible (although, PayPal is really the only built-in option that works in the US and doesn't require a separate merchant account), but that text is shown even if there is only one currently setup.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    If PayPal or your browser automatically logs you into your account, you can manually log out and be presented with the following that provides you the option to pay using a credit/debit card and not through your account:

Name:  47F255A6-D561-465C-AE38-C895F1639302.jpg
Views: 154
Size:  20.2 KB

Or at least that's what happened to me just now.

That's just an artifact of how the vBulletin backend is coded. Multiple payment methods are technically feasible (although, PayPal is really the only built-in option that works in the US and doesn't require a separate merchant account), but that text is shown even if there is only one currently setup.
    Thanks...

There must be some crumb that PP is reading on my PC, since every attempt to pay from any browser.... even a private session that should not have any record of an existing logged-in session.... resulted in PP sending a code to my mobile, regardless of the email I used after clicking the "Pay with debit or credit card" link you posted in the above quote... I would click the link, enter an email address and it would send me a login code. That's not supposed to happen if I'm starting from logged out in a private browser window, I think.

Ultimately, I was able to compete the payment on my mobile and PP didn't recognize me as an existing account.
    Hopefully you received it...

Thanks again for your reply...

ETA: Just received this via email from PP

Name:  OneTouch.jpg
Views: 138
Size:  41.6 KB

ETA 2: Seems I have a new account.... or something... Insidious...

Name:  PP Acct.jpg
Views: 140
Size:  44.4 KB
    Last edited by RoyGBiv; 10-28-2022 at 02:06 PM.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

I would like to become a Site Supporter but I will no longer have anything to with PP, is there another alternative? Zelle? Visa? Money Order?
    LET'S GO BRANDON!

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    I would like to become a Site Supporter but I will no longer have anything to with PP, is there another alternative? Zelle? Visa? Money Order?
    PM LittleLebowski and he may be able to work it out with you.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

It happened again. I was only billed $25, and now I look like a freeloader. 🤣 Please advise on how to proceed. Jeez! I can’t even up a pic of the receipt. 🤷🏼🤷🏼🤷🏼🤷🏼🤷🏼

Quote Originally Posted by FrankB View Post
    It happened again. I was only billed $25, and now I look like a freeloader. 🤣 Please advise on how to proceed. Jeez! I can’t even up a pic of the receipt. 🤷🏼🤷🏼🤷🏼🤷🏼🤷🏼
    I got ya.
    #RESIST

User Tag List