Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Century Arms MKE AP5-C....buy it or you will regret it later.

Century Arms MKE AP5-C....buy it or you will regret it later.

Here is my summary of my first 750 rounds:

Amazing deal. You better buy one of these or you will regret it later. Mine had a few issues in the first 100 rounds and then perfect thereafter. Given the insane mark-up on the HK SP5k you would have to be a die-hard HK collector to justify the difference. Definitely my favorite PCC. It is smoother than my B&T and way smother than a CZ EVO or KUSA KP-9.

Last edited by Greg Bell; 09-25-2022 at 06:11 PM.

I'm waiting to see if they crack $1000.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post
    Definitely my favorite PCC. It is smoother than my B&T and way smother than a CZ EVO or KUSA KP-9.
    Compare it to an MPX and a JP5!

Send em’ on!

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post
    Send em’ on!
    How do you not already have an MPX?

No, I wish I did.

Site Supporter
    Does the brace come off easily if/when that becomes necessary/

Site Supporter
    I talk myself into and out of an MP5 clone.

I recently had an unexpected $10,000+ Odyssey into home repairs, but I have been tempted by the SP5/AP5.

I refuse to go into debt for anything wherever possible, but man these guns are nice.

Also, for $3k for an SP5 - you could buy a lot.

I bought an Aimpoint Acro I was on a waiting list for three months instead of one of these for my carry gun. I should’ve bought one when they an SP5 when they were 2k. I figured price would come down. That was a mistake.
    God Bless,

Brandon

Site Supporter
    My local gunshop has sold about a dozen of this Century Arms offering. One came back as defective due to a manufacturing error. Century repeatedly refused to accept it back under warranty even though the owner had expended 1000 rds trying to break it in. The shop enlisted the aid of the distributor who influenced Century to examine the weapon. After they did, Century replaced it. My understanding is that this response is a typical response from Century Arms.

Quote Originally Posted by willie View Post
    My local gunshop has sold about a dozen of this Century Arms offering. One came back as defective due to a manufacturing error. Century repeatedly refused to accept it back under warranty even though the owner had expended 1000 rds trying to break it in. The shop enlisted the aid of the distributor who influenced Century to examine the weapon. After they did, Century replaced it. My understanding is that this response is a typical response from Century Arms.
    That would be my concern, too. It seems like when their stuff runs, it runs - but getting a dog dealt with is a pain. Then again, I come from the “angry beaver” era of Century FALs.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

User Tag List