Page 30 of 32 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 LastLast

Thread: The big 10.5"-12.5" general purpose pistol/SBR thread

Old pic bipod helped zeroing the new mount.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by rd62 View Post
    In the process of rebuilding my current 10.5 LMT with a 12.5 Middy Noveske barrel and replacing the current DD 7.0 Omega Rail with a 10in BCM MCMR and I'd like to upgrade the weapon light to finish it off.

Current weaponlight is a Surefire G2 Led with a momentary tailcap in a Vltor mount attached to a MI FSB mount.

I haven't looked at long gun weapon lights in a while and would be interested in some suitable suggestions.
    I'm a fan of Arisaka Scout pattern lights. The E2XT head made by Malkoff on their 600 series light body is a very capable WML.

I haven't looked at long gun weapon lights in a while and would be interested in some suitable suggestions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Casual Friday View Post
    I'm a fan of Arisaka Scout pattern lights. The E2XT head made by Malkoff on their 600 series light body is a very capable WML.
    Arisaka and Malkoff are the easy button. IIRC my 9mm carbine has the E2XT and an Arisaka 300 body, I’ll check this evening.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    Arisaka and Malkoff are the easy button. IIRC my 9mm carbine has the E2XT and an Arisaka 300 body, I’ll check this evening.
    It's kinda pointless to run the E2XT on a single cell body. The output is similar to the E1HT and nowhere near it's full potential.

Modlite or Cloud Defensive would probably be my first picks. After that, SureFire, possibly Malkoff. Streamlight last, but still something I'd have no problems considering. Consider budget, rechargeables vs. primary cells vs. dual fuel, and how much throw you need to make a decision on specific models.

Quote Originally Posted by Casual Friday View Post
    It's kinda pointless to run the E2XT on a single cell body. The output is similar to the E1HT and nowhere near it's full potential.
    That’s why I prefaced it with IIRC. I double checked and the 9mm is a 300 body and E1HT. The good 5.56 carbine is a 600 style body and E2XTL head.

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Site Supporter
    Thanks guys, Arisaka seems like a solid option

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Seven_Sicks_Two View Post
    Finally got around to Form 1-ing my LMT lower. I no longer have to fool with swapping my upper to a dedicated pistol lower when I want to use the 10.5” barrel in my MRP. I should’ve done this years ago.

I still need a can, and a proper carbine light.

Attachment 73996
    Sorry for the necro - I stumbled across this thread and thought an update was in order.

I still haven’t bought a new light… but Silencerco was running a BOGO sale last year so I purchased an Omega and got a “free” Octane 45 (you still have to buy the stamp). It happened to coincide quite nicely with ATF’s eForms update. The Omega was approved in just 75 days. The Octane took awhile to ship, and apparently eForms are taking quite awhile to get approved now. I’m on Day 18, and I’m expecting it to be at least 180 days if current wait times are any indication.

Anyways, here’s a long, heavy 10.5.

Name:  760782D6-4C92-43D0-96FE-0A56FAD8318B.jpg
Views: 458
Size:  73.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Seven_Sicks_Two View Post
    apparently eForms are taking quite awhile to get approved now. I’m on Day 18, and I’m expecting it to be at least 180 days if current wait times are any indication.
    A couple of weeks ago the guy at my preferred LGS told me they're running about 155 days right now...

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    A couple of weeks ago the guy at my preferred LGS told me they're running about 155 days right now...
    My buddy just got approved at 212, which doesn’t inspire confidence.

User Tag List