Page 25 of 31 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: Shadow Systems DR920

I may have been lucky as well. Got mine back during the big AIM sale around Memorial Day. Well over 1.5K rounds, zero problems, as accurate in my hands as a gen 5 G17, currently has a 407CO atop it and I really like mine. I will take lucky. But sounds like I will decide never to buy another one.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by ChknLivrNWsky View Post
    Does anyone know if there's a known serial number range of when these qc issues started popping up? I have a newly purchased MR920 that's only had a little over 100 rds through it so far, but no issues at all yet. I'm wondering if I maybe got one that was New Old Stock or if I just got lucky.

It is entirely possible that I might have problems come up, but it seems from what I read here the issues show up immediately.
    With my friends issues was apparent immediately. Guns were purchased late June-ish 2022.

I have one MR920 and two XR920 pistols that seem fine. Anecdotally, it seems the original design MR920 pistols are OK (and the XR is a full grip MR like a G45). I have heard of frequent problems with the DR920, and the new small pistol seems to suffer from new pistol problems.

Until and unless things improve, I don't see buying a new Shadow in any model.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

What would be a good distance to test for accuracy? Is it something like 10 rounds at 25 yards? What is considered a "good" group (MOA equivalent to a rifle)?

My issue was immediately apparent. Enough that after the first range session, I started testing for accuracy.

I use 25 yards and shoot 10-round groups, which to me is enough to get reliable information about the gun + ammo. 25 yards is long enough for issues to show up but short enough to see hits and get a highly repeatable point of aim. Plus, 25 yards is easily accessible where I am.

I generally won't waste my time with a gun that can't do <4" repeatable 10-round groups at 25 yards (benched), and I'd prefer <= ~2 - 2.5". Offhand, I know I'm going to add some wobble area to that mix, so mechanical accuracy needs to ensure I can get reliable hits when factoring in shooter error.

Quote Originally Posted by mizer67 View Post
    My issue was immediately apparent. Enough that after the first range session, I started testing for accuracy.

I use 25 yards and shoot 10-round groups, which to me is enough to get reliable information about the gun + ammo. 25 yards is long enough for issues to show up but short enough to see hits and get a highly repeatable point of aim. Plus, 25 yards is easily accessible where I am.

I generally won't waste my time with a gun that can't do <4" repeatable 10-round groups at 25 yards (benched), and I'd prefer <= ~2 - 2.5". Offhand, I know I'm going to add some wobble area to that mix, so mechanical accuracy needs to ensure I can get reliable hits when factoring in shooter error.
    Is the sub 4" group expected with plinking brass ammo?

Quote Originally Posted by Andy T View Post
    What would be a good distance to test for accuracy? Is it something like 10 rounds at 25 yards? What is considered a "good" group (MOA equivalent to a rifle)?

10 rounds at 25 yards offhand. 90+ on b8 for me

The p365xls I have smoke my glocks in 25+ yard offhand accuracy. That said all my glocks are G19, gen 4 and down

Quote Originally Posted by mizer67 View Post

Agreed but without the bench rest.

If offhand a gun can't do 90+ on a b8 at 25 I have no use for it.

I think I have a real shot of hitting a 100 with a P365xl. My closest was 98 so far.

Quote Originally Posted by G19Fan View Post
    Agreed but without the bench rest.

If offhand a gun can't do 90+ on a b8 at 25 I have no use for it.

I think I have a real shot of hitting a 100 with a P365xl. My closest was 98 so far.
    I'm with you. The only time I shoot benched is to test a load or a pistol.

User Tag List