Page 21 of 189 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171121 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 26 Gen 5

Quote Originally Posted by Jason M View Post

This is discussion is creating an urge to do an "all things being equal" analysis of a 26 vs a 43X for my general off duty carry purposes...
    I would be very interested in this comparison...

-Rainman

GAP,

It would appear that your USA guns have the flat faced trigger that comes on the full size guns and not the serrated one that is on the import guns. Do you think that those contribute to your finger sitting flatter on the trigger for you so you get a straight pull to the rear? I ask because I usually switch to these flat faced glock factory triggers as it puts my trigger finger flat on the trigger for a better pull compared to the serrated stock triggers that come on the compacts and subcompacts from Austria due to import laws...

Also, one other question about your gen5 triggers on your guns.

I have read that some of the G45 & G19 gen5 triggers have been getting rough and/or harder to pull after the buyer has shot 1000 or more rounds out of them and they had to change the trigger spring or the trigger bar due to flaking on the area that connects with the connector. Have you had any issues with your gen5 triggers as you have shot allot of rounds out of yours and I am wondering if this is a real issue or a hot/miss thing where people are complaining about something that some will not notice/ There have been threads on here and other glock forums asking complaining about the gen5 triggers after some use doing these type things...
    Last edited by Eagle1*; 12-11-2019 at 10:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle1* View Post
    (snip) I have read that some of the G45 & G19 gen5 triggers have been getting rough and/or harder to pull after the buyer has shot 1000 or more rounds out of them and they had to change the trigger spring or the trigger bar due to flaking on the area that connects with the connector. Have you had any issues with your gen5 triggers as you have shot allot of rounds out of yours and I am wondering if this is a real issue or a hot/miss thing where people are complaining about something that some will not notice/ There have been threads on here and other glock forums asking complaining about the gen5 triggers after some use doing these type things...
    One of the reasons I’d love to see a more durable coating used on the trigger bar (NDLC?)
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

I had that issue with a G43 and 19.5s.

Had Robar NP3 everything inside and the barrel.

Problem persisted.

Ended up being channel liner and spring cups.

Replace those when the trigger goes bad and it should correct the problem.

Site Supporter
    GAP,

It would appear that your USA guns have the flat faced trigger that comes on the full size guns and not the serrated one that is on the import guns. Do you think that those contribute to your finger sitting flatter on the trigger for you so you get a straight pull to the rear? I ask because I usually switch to these flat faced glock factory triggers as it puts my trigger finger flat on the trigger for a better pull compared to the serrated stock triggers that come on the compacts and subcompacts from Austria due to import laws...

I have read that some of the G45 & G19 gen5 triggers have been getting rough and/or harder to pull after the buyer has shot 1000 or more rounds out of them and they had to change the trigger spring or the trigger bar due to flaking on the area that connects with the connector. Have you had any issues with your gen5 triggers as you have shot allot of rounds out of yours and I am wondering if this is a real issue or a hot/miss thing where people are complaining about something that some will not notice/ There have been threads on here and other glock forums asking complaining about the gen5 triggers after some use doing these type things...
    My 19.5 and 2 x 45s still have smooth triggers after several thousand rounds. My USA made 26.6 has a smooth faced trigger. Its made here so there is no need for the serrated "target" trigger to make import points.
    Last edited by Jason M; 12-11-2019 at 03:01 PM.

GAP,

No problems and honestly can’t tell much difference between a flat or serrated trigger.

OK GAP, I bit the bullet today and luckily located a gen5 "USA" made G26. Took it to the range and shot 100 rounds of 115, 147 fmj and 147 HST with NO issues. And yes, to my surprise the gun was more accurate than my G19 gen4 and G45 9mm. I really noticed the groupings at 25 yards. Now I am no bullseye shooter but the 26 clustered the shots much closer than the 19 and 45, the 45 gen5 being the worst out of the 3 if you can imagine that (at least for me). I am going to try and go again tomorrow and shoot it again compared to my 19X and G19 again. More to come with photos if I can. Was in a hurry today and did not take time during shooting them or taking time to take pics to show all of you. I dropped a photo of my new duty duo as it is with my gen4, duty gun that has over 8000 documented rounds in 5 years. This 19 gen4 was NOT the gun I compared the 26 too today, it was a newer gen4, front serrations model I recently bought as I wanted to compare the recoil of the 19 and 26 since they were both new. To say I have put in some time behind this duty 19 is an understatement so I am VERY familiar with the compacts Glocks. Been carrying them for over 17 years on/off duty...

This thread led me to purchase this gen5 26. Thanks for all of the excellent reviews and info as it helped me make this BUG purchase and as of this post am very glad I did...
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Eagle1*; 12-12-2019 at 12:38 AM.

Here's my understanding/suspicions/speculation of a G26Gen5.

-The Gen5 Glocks are coming with a smooth trigger regardless if prior versions had serrated triggers, as in prior the G19 and G26 models. Glock makes its guns the same whether made in the USA or Austria. If someone has already bought or finds a made-in-Austria G26Gen5, it still won't have a serrated target trigger.

-I suspect the G26Gen5 guns being made in the USA are more the result of logistics rather than gaming the point count. Sidenote, there will likely still be Austrian-made/marked G26gen3 guns still being made and imported for the California-market or for anyone else in the country who wants one and these will have the serrated triggers.

-Imported guns are on a point-system, needing a 75-point minimum (info found via internet and NRA). I don't know how many total points an Austrian G26 had, but the serrated trigger was considered a "target" trigger. Losing the serrated trigger meant losing 2 points. However, the drift-adjustable "target" sights (Glock's newest "GMS" sights add 5 points) resulting in a net gain of 3 points.

-On the Gen5 guns, Glock has-moved to slides with front cocking serrations. There will be some new, but old stock, left without the front cocking serrations. If someone wants a new (any model) Gen5 without the front serrations (usually marked "FS" in product codings), buy one now. If someone wants the latest Gen5 version with the front cocking serrations, find a dealer who has one or will order one even if that dealer still has the original/older versions new in stock.

I’m 90% certain my Austrian 26.5 came with a smooth trigger...
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

OK GAP, I bit the bullet today and luckily located a gen5 "USA" made G26. Took it to the range and shot 100 rounds of 115, 147 fmj and 147 HST with NO issues. And yes, to my surprise the gun was more accurate than my G19 gen4 and G45 9mm. I really noticed the groupings at 25 yards. Now I am no bullseye shooter but the 26 clustered the shots much closer than the 19 and 45, the 45 gen5 being the worst out of the 3 if you can imagine that (at least for me). I am going to try and go again tomorrow and shoot it again compared to my 19X and G19 again. More to come with photos if I can. Was in a hurry today and did not take time during shooting them or taking time to take pics to show all of you. I dropped a photo of my new duty duo as it is with my gen4, duty gun that has over 8000 documented rounds in 5 years. This 19 gen4 was NOT the gun I compared the 26 too today, it was a newer gen4, front serrations model I recently bought as I wanted to compare the recoil of the 19 and 26 since they were both new. To say I have put in some time behind this duty 19 is an understatement so I am VERY familiar with the compacts Glocks. Been carrying them for over 17 years on/off duty...

This thread led me to purchase this gen5 26. Thanks for all of the excellent reviews and info as it helped me make this BUG purchase and as of this post am very glad I did...
    Excellent, I am glad that you are satisfied with your purchase. I wouldn’t recommend anything that I didn’t believe in myself. No surprise either on your accuracy findings, my G26s are my most accurate Glocks.

User Tag List