Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gen5 19 vertical slide movement.

Site Supporter

Gen5 19 vertical slide movement.

I know others have posted this before concerning older generations but I haven’t noticed it on any of my past Glock’s and am wondering if it’s normal and if anyone else has seen it on their Gen5 See video. Slide move up when the striker is released. It seems a little less obvious on the video and more exaggerated in person.

My Gen5 19s do it. One more than the other two, but I don't think it hurts anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Brianjkeene View Post
    I know others have posted this before concerning older generations but I haven’t noticed it on any of my past Glock’s and am wondering if it’s normal and if anyone else has seen it on their Gen5 See video. Slide move up when the striker is released. It seems a little less obvious on the video and more exaggerated in person.

It had more to do with accuracy than any concerns over functionality if I recall correctly. I wouldn't stress anything. My sample runs well, most others on the board seem to also. Just shoot the piss out of it. If there are any fleas they'll show up but I doubt you'll find any. I am not a huge Glock fan but damn these guns run. Mine has just north of 6k and its running like a champ. The troopers all in my area love them too from what I am understanding. The Blue Label dealer can't keep them from flying off the shelf. If there was a major issue I think it would have surfaced by now. Not to say there couldn't be but I think people are looking for gremlins that just aren't there. (Coming from a guy who swapped his extractor components just to go back to stock).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    This is a tolerance stacking issue present in all Glocks, of all generations to one degree or another. You see it in other striker fired guns as well, such as the SIG P320.

Mike C is correct in that there seems to be a correlation between vertical slide movement and accuracy, at least in prior generations of Glock.

Rounds in the mag should provide enough upward pressure to mitigate this issue during live fire. I suppose it would be more and more noticeable as you expend the rounds in your mag.
    You could always have someone tighten your slide if it really bugs you.

I don't have the balls to do this. Maybe yours are bigger than mine:

Last edited by kitten_frenzy; 11-20-2017 at 03:29 PM.

My new unfired G19.5 has a very very slight upward movement at the ‘click’. As an estimate of the movement, it is in the region of 0.1-0.2mm. I.e. not much.

Unless it adversely impacts reliability and accuracy, I'd spend more time shooting it, and less agonizing over minutiae.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Kyle Reese; 11-20-2017 at 03:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TYR View Post
    Unless it adversely impacts reliability and accuracy, I'd spend more time shooting it, and less agonizing over minutiae.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
    That's what it really boils down to.

Mine got me 2nd overall in centerfire at an 8 course Steel Challenge match yesterday from a JM IWB#3. Bone stock with the exception of 10-8 sights.

I got beat by a guy with a revolver. A freakin' revolver. And an old basketweave leather holster.

I've been slapping myself, talking to rocks, and screaming outbursts at the sky all day, but we're gonna be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by M2CattleCo View Post
    That's what it really boils down to.

Mine got me 2nd overall in centerfire at an 8 course Steel Challenge match yesterday from a JM IWB#3. Bone stock with the exception of 10-8 sights.

I got beat by a guy with a revolver. A freakin' revolver. And an old basketweave leather holster.

I've been slapping myself, talking to rocks, and screaming outbursts at the sky all day, but we're gonna be fine.
    See....it was the fact that revolvers don’t have vertical slide play.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Get out of here with all that science and stuff.

User Tag List