Thread: Has anyone tried this idryfire hardware/software?

Has anyone tried this idryfire hardware/software?

https://idryfire.com/product/trigger...r-glock-gen-4/

One of my complaints about the SIRT is that I only have G19 sized gear... so I'd have to get another holster and all. This could turn a spare G19 into a SIRT pistol.

Together with their android or iphone app (https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/idry...652079861?mt=8) I think I could have a fairly formidable home-gym.

Anyone tried it already before I start budgeting for this?
    Last edited by masternave; 02-01-2018 at 04:21 PM.

Have you seen the MantisX? I got one for Christmas and it’s pretty awesome.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I transitioned from a SIRT to the Glock Store reset kit and have used it for a couple years in a Gen 4. From the pics it appears to be the same as the one you linked to. I think it's really pricey for what it is -- either it should be cheaper or it should be better -- but I cautiously recommend it if you don't mind a little tinkering. I had to change the connector and adjust the secondary striker spring (they provide one that installs between the custom striker and the slide cover plate) to get it to feel remotely like my Glocks while consistently activating my laser cartridge. The way mine is set up, I also have to remember to lock the slide back when I'm done otherwise it drains the battery (the striker tip protrudes at rest). I'd buy it again though, at least until something better comes along. Laser Ammo also makes a reset trigger kit, I do not know if it's any different but it looks like you may be able to find that one a bit cheaper. Buy somewhere with a good return policy just in case lol.

I have not used the software you linked to, but I have used a different option extensively, LASR (Laser Activated Shot Reporter). To quote myself from another thread: "It runs on a laptop connected to a webcam mounted on a tripod, recording each hit by watching for the laser pulses. I mostly use infrared lasers to avoid any distraction. In addition to marking your hits, it can (optionally) sound a buzzer as a start signal and track the time of each shot, just like a shot timer. I've used it extensively working on my draw, for example, and my live fire draw times and quality of hits match exactly what I get from LASR in dry fire. The software has a few rough edges but lots of good functionality, I've definitely gotten my money's worth. If you scroll through my training journal you'll see a number of images from it."

User Tag List