Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Glock Gen 3 vs Gen 5 25 yard precision testing - AmmoSquared Youtube

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SecondHandSmoke View Post
    Their Gen 3 sample held better groups with the 147 American Eagle FMJ and the 147 HST in comparison to the Gen 5.

With 115 gr. Speer Blazer, the Gen 5 held better group than the Gen 3. That ammo has never shot well for me in my Gen 3 19's

Speer Lawman 115 shot an 8 inch group with the Gen 3, and a sub 3 inch group with the Gen 5. This ammo has also never seemed to work well in my Gen 3 19.
    Both Speer Blazer & Lawman have always shot like garbage through my Gen 3 and Gen 4 pistols. At first I thought it was me, but I spent a day shooting it back to back with Wolf and American Eagle; both of these were substantially more accurate through my Glocks than the Speer product.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    Both Speer Blazer & Lawman have always shot like garbage through my Gen 3 and Gen 4 pistols. At first I thought it was me, but I spent a day shooting it back to back with Wolf and American Eagle; both of these were substantially more accurate through my Glocks than the Speer product.
    Which I find strange. Isn’t the only difference between Speer Lawman and Federal American Eagle the powder? Or am I WAY off base there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by spinmove_ View Post
    Which I find strange. Isn’t the only difference between Speer Lawman and Federal American Eagle the powder? Or am I WAY off base there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I have no idea to be honest with you. These were just my vaguely quantitative (mostly qualitative) impressions from some shooting I did a few years ago now. Sorry I can't be more helpful.

Hammertime
    I am honestly less than impressed with Speer products given their price and reputation.

Site Supporter
    Interesting. My dedicated practice ammo is Lawman and it prints incredibly good groups with my M&Ps and my Commander 9mm. Never considered the reason I can't shoot a Glock for shit is my ammo choice...

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    Interesting. My dedicated practice ammo is Lawman and it prints incredibly good groups with my M&Ps and my Commander 9mm. Never considered the reason I can't shoot a Glock for shit is my ammo choice...

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
    For whatever reason, I find that 115gr Wolf WPA is some of of the most accurate ammo out of my glocks (not necessarily the most consistent). Absolutely no idea why. 147gr HST is the best, but I haven't tested a lot of other JHPs. 147gr AE works well too.
    Last edited by Nephrology; 01-18-2019 at 08:23 PM.

Circa 2014, finding excellent accuracy with 115 Lawman in Gen 3 17 pistols out to 100 yards:

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....00-yards/page4
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Lawman 147's perform incredibly well out of my Gen 3 Glock 19s.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Circa 2014, finding excellent accuracy with 115 Lawman in Gen 3 17 pistols out to 100 yards:

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....00-yards/page4
    I had terrible luck with 115gr Lawman, but I would be more than willing to concede that you are better positioned to observe these differences (or not) than I am. 95% of the time, ammunition is not the limiting factor in achieving my accuracy goals.

I had terrible luck with 115gr Lawman, but I would be more than willing to concede that you are better positioned to observe these differences (or not) than I am. 95% of the time, ammunition is not the limiting factor in achieving my accuracy goals.
    Interestingly, I did not find the 115 Lawman to shoot well in my Gen 4 Glock 19 pistols, which surprised me after my Gen 3 17 experience.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List