Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sexual assault case at sheriff's office costs 3 their job, including woman who filed

CWM11B
    The only thing surprising to me here is people got fired. This type of crap is rampant in LE. I've seen it lead to promotions more often than disciplinary actions. Biology and human nature trump policies every time the two come into conflict.
    Last edited by CWM11B; 01-15-2020 at 10:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CWM11B View Post
    The only thing surprising to me here is people got fired. This type of crap is rampant in LE. I've seen it lead to promotions more often than disciplinary actions. Biology and human nature trump policies every time the two come into conflict.
    It sounds like the two who were terminated were fired for lying to investigators, not for the affairs themselves.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    I've seen this go real sideways in LE, MIL, and my brief attempt at a real job. Hard pass.
    My psycho ex was my MD PhD classmate. Never again.

Now happily dating a woman who has nothing to do with medical practice or scientific research. It's fantastic.

It's too easy to paint with a broad brush, imho. I've seen many happy relationships that came out of the same work environment.

There are bound to be staggering numbers either way.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

CWM11B
    Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    It sounds like the two who were terminated were fired for lying to investigators, not for the affairs themselves.
    I've seen people survive lying in an investigation too.

First rule of professional life -

Don't dip your pen in company ink.

Second rule of professional life -

If you do dip your pen in company ink. Don't fucking talk about.

Third rule of professional life -

If you talk about it, don't fucking lie about it.

___

But if you follow Rule 1, you'll never have problems. Kinda like Rule 1 of guns. It's always fucking loaded, act like it.

Those who haven't been to the inkwell shouldn't opine about things they have not experienced. Just sayin'. There's what you know and what you think you know...and what you've heard. If you've gone down that road, then your experience is what it is.

Lotta people pontificating and bloviating.
    Last edited by blues; 01-15-2020 at 04:29 PM.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

You can successfully start a relationship with co-workers, BUT, you both need to be adults about it. If things don't work out, you are still going to have to see each other on a regular basis.

With that in mind, one has to realize work is not a jump 'em and dump 'em single's hookup joint. Nor is it the junior high romance drama show. Unlike casual relationships outside, there are actual consequences should things turn nasty. People will lose their jobs, and there may even be harassment and similar complaints.

So, while it can be done, often times it's better to just skip it.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    I'm not saying work relationships can't do well. I'm saying work relationships where one or both parties are cheating on existing spouses tend to not go well. People get fired, workplace violence occurs, etc. If you're going to cheat, doing it at work compounds the negative blowback.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

My wife has been a dispatcher for about 5 years, I’ve been doing this job for over 20. My wife was a bit naive when she decided to go into this profession, I told her everyone fucks everyone. She was shocked that I wasn’t kidding. Thankfully I haven’t dipped my pen in the company ink.

User Tag List