Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Glock 10rd mags

Quote Originally Posted by LSP552 View Post
    Please let us know how the Magpul 10 rd mags do when you get a chance to shoot them. I might pick up a few just because. I do agree the mag block is likely the way to go.
    When I can I will. Most things are on hold for me. Wife and I had a baby 1 month ago. We have a 3 year old and other stuff happening at the same time. Hopefully in the next month or so. (Doubt it haha)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rich

Director of R&D and product acquisitions at Empire Outfitters

The Magblock seems to function reliably when added to standard capacity Glock mags. Sadly, once the mag is permanently modified to a reduced 10 rd capacity, at least per California regulations, there is no way to perform maintenance--like periodically changing mag springs....
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post
    The Magblock seems to function reliably when added to standard capacity Glock mags. Sadly, once the mag is permanently modified to a reduced 10 rd capacity, at least per California regulations, there is no way to perform maintenance--like periodically changing mag springs....
    Is there anyone online who puts standard capacity magazines and mag blocks together, makes the modification permanent through rivets or epoxy and sells them for a small profit? If there is, just buy new ones when the old springs give up the ghost. It takes me a LONG time to wear out a carry mag since they’re only shot initially to verify function and then normally unloaded/reloaded once a year when I cycle through old carry ammo.

If no one sells these preassembled, I can see how it would be an issue acquiring new standard capacity mags to modify them to begin with.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    Is there anyone online who puts standard capacity magazines and mag blocks together, makes the modification permanent through rivets or epoxy and sells them for a small profit? If there is, just buy new ones when the old springs give up the ghost. It takes me a LONG time to wear out a carry mag since they’re only shot initially to verify function and then normally unloaded/reloaded once a year when I cycle through old carry ammo.

If no one sells these preassembled, I can see how it would be an issue acquiring new standard capacity mags to modify them to begin with.
    I think www.CaLegalmags.com might do this mod. I can't visit their site on this computer, but I bought some 10-rounds mags from them for another gun. They'd installed blocks in the mag body and epoxied the base plate on.

http://www.calegalmags.com/

I went and bought two of the Magpul G19 10 round mags a few weeks ago. With 124 gr hollow points and with 147 gr AE FMJ FP had about 20% stoppages with a gen 2 G19. It ran fine with RN FMJ.

Putting a 9mm6 follower in a OEM 10-round mag didn’t do it either, fewer stoppages that way but still too many.

Quote Originally Posted by Salamander View Post
    I went and bought two of the Magpul G19 10 round mags a few weeks ago. With 124 gr hollow points and with 147 gr AE FMJ FP had about 20% stoppages with a gen 2 G19. It ran fine with RN FMJ.

Putting a 9mm6 follower in a OEM 10-round mag didn’t do it either, fewer stoppages that way but still too many.
    I've been using the Magpul 10 round mags for several months now. Mainly FMJ but also some 147gr HST and 147gr AE FP. I'm not having any issues. My Glocks are Gen 3 G19's. I'd have to check, but I've probably put 1000 round through them, maybe more.
    Last edited by Mark D; 12-10-2018 at 03:26 PM.

These are my magblock ten round mags, with orange baseplates so I can quickly identify them.

Name:  2E7142D7-81EB-476E-90C6-4E80BACD217B.jpg
Views: 360
Size:  54.5 KB
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by Salamander View Post

Might be your gun doesn't like Magpuls.

I bought 10 Magpul GL9s last November, and none of them work for me anymore.....they fail-to-feed with varying frequency.....some every round, most every other round, some a couple times per mag. Is that what is happening with yours, or something different?
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    These are my magblock ten round mags, with orange baseplates so I can quickly identify them.

Name:  2E7142D7-81EB-476E-90C6-4E80BACD217B.jpg
Views: 360
Size:  54.5 KB
    I'm torn, I loathe limited capacity but love the idea of the orange Baseplates for identification.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    Look! Just because we're bereaved, that doesn't make us saps!

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    I have some elegant ideas on this topic. If someone in the Houston area has a need to convert some mags, I should be able to make it happen during the last week of this month. I’d do the work for free just to scratch the problem solving itch if you supply mags and pay for the minimal material costs. Or pay to mail stuff both ways. I don’t shoot my Glock, so I would like to work with someone who will vet the result with a lot of rounds. PM me if interested.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

User Tag List