Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Lebowski's precision rifle money pit thread

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Please to explain why, I don’t know much about this new technology.
    You've got a heavy rifle with the center of mass significantly above the point of rotation of the ball. The tendency is for the rifle to tip over. This sucks hard when you're trying to make a fine adjustment with your eye in the scope.

Cameras have the same problem. A leveling base is specifically designed to allow up to 15 deg of rotation in the pitch and roll axes (elevation and cant axes for rifles) independently of any tipping forces. You have to try it to understand how awesome it is. I haven't tried anything but a real RRS leveling head, so I can't say whether the ones made of Chinesium are any good.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    You've got a heavy rifle with the center of mass significantly above the point of rotation of the ball. The tendency is for the rifle to tip over. This sucks hard when you're trying to make a fine adjustment with your eye in the scope.

Cameras have the same problem. A leveling base is specifically designed to allow up to 15 deg of rotation in the pitch and roll axes (elevation and cant axes for rifles) independently of any tipping forces. You have to try it to understand how awesome it is. I haven't tried anything but a real RRS leveling head, so I can't say whether the ones made of Chinesium are any good.
    Copy, I’ve no problems with my 18.5lb rifle. Fine adjustments are easy. I spent a lot of time a coupla weeks ago with Giving Back’s RRS Gucci setup (hunting) and this Chinesium is very, very slightly behind that.
    #RESIST

How are you connecting the ball head to the rifle?

Please to explain why, I don’t know much about this new technology.
    Chinesium leveling base inbound. I'll report on how it works
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0882KQL9W/

Fucking Chinese have a winner with this leveling head. It’s about half the weight of a RRS head, and works great.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Fucking Chinese have a winner with this leveling head. It’s about half the weight of a RRS head, and works great.
    recommendations on an arca clamp to go on top of the Leofoto leveling head?

Quote Originally Posted by theJanitor View Post
    recommendations on an arca clamp to go on top of the Leofoto leveling head?
    Comes with one.
    #RESIST

Comes with one.
    The Arctise one you linked has a clamp, but the one CF linked doesn't seem to. I like the idea of the half ball. I don't want to spend a ton, since this will get used sparingly, and it's only my AR that's gonna sit on top of it

Quote Originally Posted by theJanitor View Post
    The Arctise one you linked has a clamp, but the one CF linked doesn't seem to. I like the idea of the half ball. I don't want to spend a ton, since this will get used sparingly, and it's only my AR that's gonna sit on top of it
    Do you need a Picatinny to Arca adapter?
    #RESIST

Do you need a Picatinny to Arca adapter?
    I'm leaning toward ARCA. I don't have any equipment at the moment

The rifle I'm trying to outfit has Keymod rail, so I'm thinking of the Area419 ARCA rail

User Tag List