Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bedside safe or lock box

I have one of these in the nightstand with the drawer-front modified to swing down instead of pull out (although you still *can* pull it out)
    Fort Knox PB4 Personal Pistol Safe
    appears to be currently unavailable, but I paid $215-ish the last time (2015)

and one under the passenger seat in our campervan.
    V-Line Slide-Away Security Safe, Semi-Flat Black
    about $370 now, which is about $100 more than I paid.

Been thinking about one of these for under the desk
    V-Line 2597-S Desk Mate Keyless Security Box with Quick Release Mounting Bracket (Black)

Quite happy with them in both applications, and haven't had any fitment issues. Pic below from the Fort Knox listing above shows two dummy M92s in one, to give you an idea of size.

Name:  9142gHJPMPL._AC_SX679_.jpg
Views: 355
Size:  69.4 KB

Name:  81qZwECVkdL._AC_SX679_.jpg
Views: 348
Size:  39.9 KB
    Last edited by rob_s; 10-05-2022 at 09:29 AM.
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

I use this on my night stand. I have it secured to the nightstand. A thief could just carry the whole thing away, but I generally keep my carry gun in it so if I'm not home it would likely empty anyways. It does a fantastic job of keeping kids out which was my primary concern.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It is fairly large, but I basically just use it as a shelf and keep my phone charger and some Kleenex on top of it.

I love that the drawer fully opens and makes it very easy to access my gun. It has plenty of room for a pistol with a light and RDS, with enough space left for an extra mag and a handheld flashlight.

All more money than I expected but they look worth it. I’m liking the looks of the v line models.

I really like the V-line Brute. I've had it for about three years now and it holds two Beretta 92X's, a spare mag and a flashlight. The Simplex lock is easy and quick to use, and the lockbox itself heavy enough that when you open the lid, the box doesn't slide around.

Quote Originally Posted by newyork View Post
    All more money than I expected but they look worth it. I’m liking the looks of the v line models.
    If cost is an issue, this one gets good reviews and would likely be fine to tide you over until you find a better safe: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00UG9HB1Q
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

FAS1 also uses the Simplex locks, but these models are mostly vertical and have a nylon holster to hold your gun.

http://www.fas1safe.com

Quote Originally Posted by JTQ View Post
    FAS1 also uses the Simplex locks, but these models are mostly vertical and have a nylon holster to hold your gun.

http://www.fas1safe.com
    Are those compatible with a pistol with a red dot? It doesn't look like the nylon holster would accommodate that by the pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by newyork View Post
    I definitely had sticker shock when I was looking into these too. Unfortunately, it seems like that is just what it takes to get something that isn't Chinese garbage or that has cheap electronics that will fail.

Quote Originally Posted by dontshakepandas View Post
    Are those compatible with a pistol with a red dot? It doesn't look like the nylon holster would accommodate that by the pictures.
    I don't know. They have a variety of holster options - I think they may have ones that accommodate lights - but I don't follow them closely enough to know if they offer red dot holsters. They mount to the lid of the box, so perhaps it may make accommodating the optic difficult.

I've been happy with my Sentry Safe pistol safe.

https://store.sentrysafe.com/collect...oducts/qap1blx
    Jesus paid a debt he did not owe,
    Because I owed a debt I could not pay.

User Tag List