Page 122 of 160 FirstFirst ... 2272112120121122123124132 ... LastLast
Results 1,211 to 1,220 of 1594

Thread: Scout rifle, circa 2016

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by okie john View Post
    Has anyone used the Rhodesian sling? Thoughts?

Okie John
    The Rhodesian sling is somewhat similar to a Latigo sling in case you've seen/used one of those. Definitely functional and fairly quick to loop up.
    Last edited by Robinson; 02-09-2017 at 09:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Exiledviking View Post
    I didn't see it mentioned here, I may have missed it, but I find the The Fix rifle by Q as a possible candidate in this role. It's certainly very interesting at 6 lbs.
    https://youtu.be/lxemGbLZX8U
    Interesting!

Quote Originally Posted by Robinson View Post
    The Rhodesian sling is somewhat similar to a Latigo sling in case you've seen/used one of those. Definitely functional and fairly quick to loop up.
    Thanks. I've had some very good experience with the Latigo, but it's heavy (8 ounces), and it soaks up water easily which makes it much heavier. I'm looking for something lighter and less absorbent because this is pretty typical where I hunt:

Also slowly moving away from wood and walnut, but that's a different thread.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Thanks. I've had some very good experience with the Latigo, but it's heavy (8 ounces), and it soaks up water easily which makes it much heavier. I'm looking for something lighter and less absorbent because this is pretty typical where I hunt:

Okie John
    Your hunting reality is the same as my hunting reality. I've been grateful for composite and stainless when I've hunted modern. I've actually sprayed nikwax on my synthetic slings so they shed some water. You can overdo it though and make them slippery.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Site Supporter
    You're old school SF right? You know you'll always have some blued steel and walnut around, if just a 1911.

I kid -- as I'm not qualified to make such a comment for real.

Quote Originally Posted by Robinson View Post
    You're old school SF right? You know you'll always have some blued steel and walnut around, if just a 1911.

I kid -- as I'm not qualified to make such a comment for real.
    First of all, if we can't kid each other, we might as well not be here.

Second, you're right. I'll always have this one.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

THAT is a handgun with Stories!

I really like the manner in which the Novak RS is secured.

Yep. TIG for the win on the Novaks.

I wore that pistol every waking minute for 16 years. I was wearing it when I met my first wife, when I proposed to her, and when I married her. I was also wearing it when I saw our our son being born, and I may have been wearing it when he was conceived.

Okie John

Awesome 1911! That is an early Ed Brown grip safety without the hump back. I have a 1911 set up in a similar way. Those look like Ebony Macassar stocks, too.

Site Supporter
    i really like that front sight... and the grip safety... and the slide release... and the grip panels. Nice gun.

User Tag List