Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Keepers Concealment "Keeper" Review

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Sharp View Post
    ... to the doorknobs on my house have been hot rodded.
    (Not kidding about the door knobs. This is my front door knob. Not stock, it's been hot rodded.

Paul is def. good at knob polishing... LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Les Pepperoni View Post
    So the legend goes......
    Founder Of Keepers Concealment and Lead trainer. Affiliate of CCW Safe, Use discount code ( KC10off )Sign up here https://ccwsafe.com/ref/B65241653

Damnit. Not again... Seems like every time I wear this it happens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Man, sounds like you've had some bad luck, I've had zero problems with mine.

Not trying to be a prick but why don't you just call Spencer and be done with it instead of posting every single issue you have with a holster that's been on the market for years and has received many commendable reviews. JMHO.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

Keepers Concealment "Keeper" Review

Quote Originally Posted by FOG View Post
    Man, sounds like you've had some bad luck, I've had zero problems with mine.

Not trying to be a prick but why don't you just call Spencer and be done with it instead of posting every single issue you have with a holster that's been on the market for years and has received many commendable reviews. JMHO.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk
    This is a review. I will post every issue I have. Just because it has had many good reviews doesn't mean Im not going to share my opinions.
    Last edited by Ob1sbo; 06-09-2017 at 06:11 PM.

What loop position are you trying to achieve, completely vertical at the top of screw slots, vertical somewhere in the middle, at the bottom, or at some angle?
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Keepers Concealment "Keeper" Review

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    What loop position are you trying to achieve, completely vertical at the top of screw slots, vertical somewhere in the middle, at the bottom, or at some angle?
    It starts the day at the upper most position for the highest ride height

Last edited by Ob1sbo; 06-09-2017 at 07:50 PM.

My take on this is that could be a theoretically questionable point of a design. I do understand the reason for it, adjustment range and such, but I can see how this might be happening. I think the question is if yours is more or less representative, or there is some sort of user interface issue where you push down on a gun throughout the day somehow and the whole thing rides down, or it is a fluke. I've two Keepers but one of them is set at the lowest point. The second one is set like yours, at the highest point, and I don't remember this happening but it's been awhile since I used it. Incidentally, it is a holster for a full sized, all steel 1911 so if there is a gun to test whether the hardware can retain a position under gun's weight, this would be a gun to use.

This is your review and I don't necessarily care to pollute it with my observations more than I have, but if you care, I can carry that 1911 over the weekend and see if the position holds.
    My solution to the problem that you're having would've been to ask Spencer to make a loop with holes, not slots, at a ride height of your choice.
    Last edited by YVK; 06-09-2017 at 08:13 PM.

One could easily drop in a hunk of chopstick or anything relatively hard and incompressible to fill the remaining portion of the slot and prevent movement.

Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by Les Pepperoni View Post
    scurries off to FB to "friend" somebody
    #RESIST

User Tag List