Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Langdon Tactical Goes Single-Stack, Springfield XD-E

Quote Originally Posted by LangdonTactical View Post
    We can do that, I already have an NP3 hammers on my personal XD-Es. . We are just kind of waiting to see how this shakes out with customers. We just launched this, here first, and on IG today. Mixed feedback from people and sales are slow, but it is really early. So we will see if it stays in the product line. If they don't sell, it will go away.
    Thank you sir! Might have to order one sooner then.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LangdonTactical View Post
    Mixed feedback from people and sales are slow, but it is really early. So we will see if it stays in the product line. If they don't sell, it will go away.
    Mixed feedback... in terms of actual experience with the product? Or just general skepticism? I think leveraging your perspective on the XDE's merits could overcome the latter. It did with the PX4.

I get the sense that people wanna know why they should like/respect/want an XDE. Personally, I have no good reason to think HS Produkt makes crappy guns... but I wanna know too. Thinking back a few years, I feel like you sold a lot of people on the PX4 platform well before the CC was even a thing. The first few pages of the "DA/SA Glock 19" thread present a resounding endorsement for the gun's durability, shootability and reliability--even in lieu of its past PF baggage. The whole push seemed transparent and authentic--not like it was just a bunch of marketing. It'd be cool to see the same kinda thing for the XDE.

Anyway, just thinking out loud. I really hope it works out with the XDE. I might take one for a spin again this weekend. The local range has (or had) one for rent.

Mr. Langdon,

I notice you're selling an XD-E trigger job as well. Will there be an instructional video coming out? I don't think anybody's done a detail strip video on that gun.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I think the mixed feedback is because not many people talked about this pistol when it came out new. I thought it was interesting but didn't really pay much attention to it myself. It's pretty unknown. I see them in stores once in a while. Cabelas usually has them in stock. But they're pretty difficult to find. I checked local rental counters after your release to see if I could find a standard XDe to test. No luck.

I've taken a class from Mr. Langdon and respect how he teaches and what he has done over his career so far. I would definitely want to shoot one of these before I talked myself into paying the asking price. For the work that has been put into it, I think the price is reasonable I just don't know if it's for me without an opportunity to put several rounds through even a stock sample. I've yet to find that perfect single stack for me. I picked up a 225a1 recently but haven't had an opportunity to start working with it. It's a big pistol. 30 ounces, basically a slightly thinner 226. It even fits perfectly in a JM Custom appendix holster for a 226. Hard to justify a single stack that big in a non-ban state.

The XDe just needs to prove that it's reliable and shootable I guess. I like what's being done here. How many times has someone on this forum alone asked for a hammer-fired lightweight single stack?
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Just ordered one for my wife. She is really excited as it looks like it will have a trigger she likes and a size she can really carry.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Is Robar going to continue to support LTT products? I'm becoming a NP3 fan thanks to your influence.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Picked up my LTT XD-E this morning. It was cleaned of any factory preservative and lubed up by EL. First impression was it felt like a M&P Shield, the grip that is, so I dug through the safes to find my only striker. The LTT XD-E is a couple oz. heavier, the barrel is a 1/4" longer but the grip is superior on the XD-E. I only shot 100 rounds of Blazer Brass 147 gr. with no problems.

I have a couple PX4 CC's and a couple LTT Elites, another 6 or 8 92's with EL triggers so I know what a DA trigger should be and the LTT XD-E has a smooth, steady DA trigger and the SA is as good. Besides the slim frame and slide, the take down lever, slide lock and decocker/safety levers are low profile. No way you should ride these levers or accidentally engage the safety, so the safety is a non issue for me. The bobbed out hammer is fantastic and the slide will rack with a thumb and finger.

I plan to shoot this enough this Fall and Winter to put it into carry mode. I'm a Beretta guy but this is a viable carry for me because of the TDA and size, very nicely modified by LTT.

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    Is Robar going to continue to support LTT products? I'm becoming a NP3 fan thanks to your influence.
    According to this thread, Robar is out of business as of today:

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....-Robar-Closing

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Geno View Post
    Picked up my LTT XD-E this morning. It was cleaned of any factory preservative and lubed up by EL. First impression was it felt like a M&P Shield, the grip that is, so I dug through the safes to find my only striker. The LTT XD-E is a couple oz. heavier, the barrel is a 1/4" longer but the grip is superior on the XD-E. I only shot 100 rounds of Blazer Brass 147 gr. with no problems.

I have a couple PX4 CC's and a couple LTT Elites, another 6 or 8 92's with EL triggers so I know what a DA trigger should be and the LTT XD-E has a smooth, steady DA trigger and the SA is as good. Besides the slim frame and slide, the take down lever, slide lock and decocker/safety levers are low profile. No way you should ride these levers or accidentally engage the safety, so the safety is a non issue for me. The bobbed out hammer is fantastic and the slide will rack with a thumb and finger.

I plan to shoot this enough this Fall and Winter to put it into carry mode. I'm a Beretta guy but this is a viable carry for me because of the TDA and size, very nicely modified by LTT.
    Nice review. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Dagga Boy View Post
    Just ordered one for my wife. She is really excited as it looks like it will have a trigger she likes and a size she can really carry.
    Please give us your thoughts on it after you and your wife run it a bit. Thanks!

User Tag List