Page 66 of 82 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock-Something big is coming December 10

I like it.

I and many other "senior citizens" either have arthritis or will have it in time for the Early Bird Dinner, and the ability to carry a 9mm and train with a .22 solves a real problem. I think Glock will be pleased with the sales, both immediate and long term.

Now: "It takes a week for my wrists to recover from Sunday-at-the-Range. I think I'll try a G44."

Soon: "That was painless! I need another one or two for when the grandkids visit."

Several years on: "I'll be old enough to buy my own pistol next week. I already know what I want. I want a G19, just like the one Grandpa had when we visited. I loved those times with Grandpa!"

Next generation: "Grandpa, when Darryl's transgendering is completed and we find a surrogate to help us start a family, will you teach your grandkids how to shoot? You know, like your daddy taught you? Maybe buy them their own guns?"

Yep. I think Glock may have knocked this one out of the park.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by M2CattleCo View Post
    Those guns are still stupid.
    ok, Boomer.

As a side question, does anyone have any experience with the CCI "clean" rounds (red and blue) in .22 handguns?
    Last edited by RAM Engineer; 12-10-2019 at 05:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sammy1 View Post
    G19 size, why not G48 size?
    It's a trainer for the most ubiquitous handgun in the world. What would you use a G48 sized one for?

Quote Originally Posted by Center Shot View Post
    If Glock comes out with another Teaser saying something is coming that is Big and Legendary, I should except a Glock pellet (BB) handgun!
    Glock has released a couple of BB guns made by Umarex
    I bought one of the new Gen 4 BB blowback models and it was a piece of crap.
    At least the .22 is made by Glock

Cool! We're at page 66 about the model 44 .22! Symmetry!

Actually, a medium frame .22 would be nice if it has a normal trigger pull. I have an advantage arms kit dedicated for the G22 and I'd still pick up one of these if the trigger pull is correct
    -All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

Quote Originally Posted by Lost River View Post
    I find rimfires to be fun and offer a greater challenge to hunting than traditional centerfire rifles, pistols and shotguns.
    Awesome!

I'll admit to having some fun hitting steel at 200-500 yds with my .22 trainer...
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by FNFAN View Post
    Cool! We're at page 66 about the model 44 .22! Symmetry!

Actually, a medium frame .22 would be nice if it has a normal trigger pull. I have an advantage arms kit dedicated for the G22 and I'd still pick up one of these if the trigger pull is correct
    The pics I saw looked like that FCG parts may actually interchange. Of course I have no idea if that's the case, but the trigger, trigger bar, cruciform and connector looked like a dead ringer for centerfire Glock pieces. If so, that is a full 50% of justification for purchase in my mind. *fingers crossed*

Actually happy with this. I’m hoping it will take a SCD...
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

I've seen a lot of .22s at Steel Challenge type matches. With clean guns,polished and tuned magazines, and select ammunition, Ruger Mark2 and 3's seem to be the most reliable. But even then, the number of failures is far beyond even Open, Single Stack, and PCCs. Nearly everyone's .22 pistols jam at least once a match and typically way more often.

Maybe it's the demands of shooting fast? Anyway, I still use a Mark3 for practice sometimes because it's helpful for working on some things. But I just don't have patience for guns that require constant tuning and still jam regularly.

Quote Originally Posted by farscott View Post
    i am not convinced that it will be a reliable magazine. The rimmed .22 LR case is problematic for double-stack magazines. The only magazine that contains more than twelve rounds and is reliable is the Kel-Tec CP33, and loading that magazine is problematic at best. It is clear plastic just so the user can insure it is being loaded correctly and has openings to push rounds into and out of position. If loaded properly, the pistol is reliable. If not, it does not feed. I would not want to load one at the range.

The fifteen-round Tactical Solutions magazines with the Advantage Arms Glock conversion are also finicky. CCI 40-grain polymer-coated rounds run well, but 38-grain CCI Blazer does not. The ten-round Advantage Arms are pretty reliable.

I have Ruger Standard pattern pistols from the original Standard to the Mark III. In my experience, any feeding issues are the result of the magazine follower or a bad magazine spring. I have a 1951 Standard that is as reliable as any Glock of my experience.
    Last edited by Clusterfrack; 12-10-2019 at 05:34 PM.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

I dunno about the rest of you losers, but when I heard Glock and 44, I was pretty excited about the prospects...

There's nothing civil about this war.

User Tag List