Page 22 of 101 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast

Thread: General Holosun pistol optic thread

Quote Originally Posted by frozentundra View Post
    How does that reticle perform in dark enviornments? Does the gigantic outer ring bloom enough to be annoying when the brightness is turned near maximum manual setting? Or is it not really noticeable when the chevron is on target?
    I turned it all the way up inside, and didn’t notice a bloom from the outer ring when presented all the way out.

I did notice that the chevron way more clear outdoors for me but as soon as I take it indoors, it gets all wonky. Think I’m going to return for a regular 507....

Site Supporter
    As I 1.) can't get to the range much these days and 2.) Ammo is super expensive, I determined that 2-3 range trips would be enough to buy a Holosun 507c at current fmj prices. So I bought one.

Picked it up and installed it on a Glock 34 using the provided MOS plate.

How on-target should I expect it to be just with that install? Should it be on-paper at 25 yards, or will I need to work up to that range with minor adjustments?

Quote Originally Posted by Bio View Post
    As I 1.) can't get to the range much these days and 2.) Ammo is super expensive, I determined that 2-3 range trips would be enough to buy a Holosun 507c at current fmj prices. So I bought one.

Picked it up and installed it on a Glock 34 using the provided MOS plate.

How on-target should I expect it to be just with that install? Should it be on-paper at 25 yards, or will I need to work up to that range with minor adjustments?
    Nobody knows how close it will be, but this will get it very close, as in a few inches of POA at 25 yards.

https://www.amazon.com/MidTen-Sight-.../dp/B07GGWJSJ6
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Nobody knows how close it will be, but this will get it very close, as in a few inches of POA at 25 yards.

https://www.amazon.com/MidTen-Sight-.../dp/B07GGWJSJ6
    ^^This^^

Place an index mark at say 12 o'clock (repeatable placement in chamber), note the relative position between the laser and current iron position.

For instance, current POA / POI is centered at 15 yds, but laser is at bottom 8 ring...

Install, and torque new optic, adjust optic to old POA/POI.
    Taking a break from social media.

Any data on battery life? I tried getting more info from holosun, but they are sticking with their "setting of 6" 50-100k hours quote depending on which version. Setting 6 is not very practical unless you only go out at night.

Also, does anyone actually check the voltage with a meter before popping in a new battery?

Quote Originally Posted by noguns View Post
    Any data on battery life? I tried getting more info from holosun, but they are sticking with their "setting of 6" 50-100k hours quote depending on which version. Setting 6 is not very practical unless you only go out at night.

Also, does anyone actually check the voltage with a meter before popping in a new battery?
    One setting down from the brightest setting, not using the shake awake feature, lasted from February 2020 to November 2020 for me on a 508t v1

That is impressive. I'm assuming that is "dot only"?

Quote Originally Posted by noguns View Post
    That is impressive. I'm assuming that is "dot only"?
    Correct. Dot only

Site Supporter
    Got the laser that @GJM recommended and sighted in. Bear in mind this is coming from a real newbie anyway, but I can definitely see the utility of the sight just in dry fire. This is obviously not news to people here, but it's interesting to me to experience for myself. Seems pretty easy to use, but holding the gun just a touch lower to look through the window instead of sights feels slightly weird.

Iron Sights for 509T

What suppressor sights for 509T w/ chpws plate on mos? Thanks. Lot of great info here.
    Last edited by pi3; 01-11-2021 at 10:34 PM. Reason: add

User Tag List