Page 41 of 73 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast

Thread: Phlster Enigma. A game changer in belt free carry?

I use the enigma every day when im at work. I am maintenance for the parks and rec department where I live. That means during the summer I am doing physical labor every day, so mowing fields, taking care of cemeteries, maintaining beaches, and an infinite amount of odd jobs that might need to get done around any town. Allot of chainsaw work ect ect. The enigma has been rock solid for me no matter what I have been doing. Just last week I rebuilt an entire baseball field. Carrying a S&W 49 in an enigma completely disappears on my body and I honestly forget i have it on. When I first got it the leg leash had a tendency to work its way down the back of my leg, after shortening the lead and tightening the loop it has been a non issue. Bending over is no problem, I changed a flat tire inside the treads of a snow groomer last week where I had to get down and crawl inside the treads and get to the wheel, zero issue. I think like anything it takes a bit for your body to get accustomed to it. Also what gun and the general shape of your body will make a difference as well. I'm chomping at the bit for the WML enigma so I can carry my off work edc guns.
    Come, mother, come! For terror is thy name, death is in thy breath, and every shaking step destroys a world for e'er. Thou 'time', the all-destroyer! Come, O mother, come!

Quote Originally Posted by snow white View Post
    I use the enigma every day when im at work. I am maintenance for the parks and rec department where I live. That means during the summer I am doing physical labor every day, so mowing fields, taking care of cemeteries, maintaining beaches, and an infinite amount of odd jobs that might need to get done around any town. Allot of chainsaw work ect ect. The enigma has been rock solid for me no matter what I have been doing. Just last week I rebuilt an entire baseball field. Carrying a S&W 49 in an enigma completely disappears on my body and I honestly forget i have it on. When I first got it the leg leash had a tendency to work its way down the back of my leg, after shortening the lead and tightening the loop it has been a non issue. Bending over is no problem, I changed a flat tire inside the treads of a snow groomer last week where I had to get down and crawl inside the treads and get to the wheel, zero issue. I think like anything it takes a bit for your body to get accustomed to it. Also what gun and the general shape of your body will make a difference as well. I'm chomping at the bit for the WML enigma so I can carry my off work edc guns.
    I vote you use it tomorrow at bearcamp

Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    I vote you use it tomorrow at bearcamp
    I dont know if I even have enough plinking ammo haha
    Come, mother, come! For terror is thy name, death is in thy breath, and every shaking step destroys a world for e'er. Thou 'time', the all-destroyer! Come, O mother, come!

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    On Thursday I bent down to pick up a pen and Enigma pocked me in my dick. I decided not to share that experience on Facebook.

To me the leg strap remains the weakest part of a design. If it isn't tight, it slides down to the knee. In the above event I re-tightened it during a course of a day and must've made it too tight. It pulled the holster just a few cm down but that was enough...
    I wasn't brave enough to exercise in one before, even less brave now. Other than cinching the waist strap very tightly, there's not much that prevents it from moving.
    In the Concealment Workshop FB group, they recommend finding the appropriate spot for the slider, then putting an overhand knot in the leash so it doesn't slide. I'll be trying this today. The creator of the papoose has also created a couple leash modifications.
    David S.

I dont know if I even have enough plinking ammo haha
    Ill spot you ammo if you want

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Mayer View Post
    DC_P, we are only selling the Enigma specific holsters, not the Enigma's themselves. Thanks
    Sorry - I got crossed up on who was who. I am looking forward to trying the 'Enigma George' (tm but available for a reasonable fee...) or whatever you end up calling it.
    Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

With my 'Michelin Man' profile...

Quote Originally Posted by Savage Hands View Post
    Any fat guys using this yet?
    I have too much belly and noassatall so I must keep my belt cinched up tight or my pants would be draging the floor.

With the loose Philster belt are a belt and suspenders needed?

The male with the tats on the arms looks a bit like a Michelin Man also. Did he find suspenders helped him keep his weighted carry system from falling down?

Do we know when the weapon light model is comming out? I know its real soon, didn't know if there was a spsific timeframe.

Do we know when the weapon light model is comming out? I know its real soon, didn't know if there was a spsific timeframe.
    It was supposed to be the end of March so who knows... The goal was to have enough supply to meet the demand before the release.

Quote Originally Posted by GearFondler View Post
    It was supposed to be the end of March so who knows... The goal was to have enough supply to meet the demand before the release.
    Jon posted recently that the light bearing model is in the assembly stage now and will be released later this month.

User Tag List