Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: USPSA and Corona

Vending Machine Operator
    Quote Originally Posted by Zincwarrior View Post
    If it helps multiple state jurisdictions permit wide powers by the governor or state executive in case of a health or weather crisis.
    Indeed, most if not all states to my knowledge have some degree of codified authority of that sort.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Zincwarrior View Post
    If it helps multiple state jurisdictions permit wide powers by the governor or state executive in case of a health or weather crisis.
    It does but 42 USC 264 and 42 CFR part 71 cover it as well.

PS - the article JoshS posted up thread give a very good summary of relevant Texas authorities.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Sierra View Post
    Citation needed for what? You're asking me to disprove a negative.

If I had found statutory authority in the Ohio Revised Code for school closures (particularly government ordered closure of private schools) and limitations on the number of people who can assemble in private I wouldn't be raising the topic.
    ORC 5502.25 provides broad authority for emergency rules.

OH ADC 3750-15-05(D) provides that these rules are not subject to the normal admistrative rules process during a declared emergency.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Maybe the way YOU read them they don’t but when read with a legal eye, they do. It is not an engineering statement of work specifying every detail. It is an open ended authorization for handling both foreseeable and unforeseen future emergencies.

42 USC 264 is both clear and broad.

The open ended and ambiguous nature of the authority vested in the surgeon general under the statute is why judicial review is built in.

Most states have similar provisions if you look hard enough.

And because there are contrarian assholes who don’t care about other peoples welfare 42 USC 271 and 42 CFR part 71 both provide for the arrest of persons breaking quarantine. Breaking quarantine is a misdemeanor punishable by up to one year confinement and a $100,000 fine. If breaking the quarantine results in a death it is a felony punishable by one year in jail and a $250,000 fine.

During the 1918 Spanish flu pandemic persons who appeared in public and refused to wear masks as required were shot. Social distancing/quarantine procedures followed early enough can ensure we won’t have to go there again.
    "FUCK YOU I KNOW MY RIGHTS, PIG."

Famous last words prior to being tased and arrested.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Great.

Our Thursday night shoot is canceled.

Unreal.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by deflave View Post
    Great.

Our Thursday night shoot is canceled.

Unreal.
    Sounds like South Florida is getting with the program. With 155 cases in the state today, the numbers are about to start getting big quickly.

The next several matches in my area are canceled as well. I’m glad. It will likely keep some people from getting infected.

A significant percentage of shooters seem to be in denial about the potential negative health impact of this. What I don’t understand is how many of the same seem to believe there will be civil unrest and they need to load their AR magazines. Seems like the unrest would be linked to the disease, but hey, I guess for some shooters, every solution is with a gun.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GyroF-16 View Post
    Sounds like South Florida is getting with the program. With 155 cases in the state today, the numbers are about to start getting big quickly.

The next several matches in my area are canceled as well. I’m glad. It will likely keep some people from getting infected.
    OK.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    A significant percentage of shooters seem to be in denial about the potential negative health impact of this. What I don’t understand is how many of the same seem to believe there will be civil unrest and they need to load their AR magazines. Seems like the unrest would be linked to the disease, but hey, I guess for some shooters, every solution is with a gun.
    Not all fantasies involve sex. Some people like to fantasize that their stash of derp tier guns & XXXXXL Tac Cosplay will somehow make them into the Warlords of the Wasteland.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Agree heavily with that first sentence. Its not just shooters though. As to the second part, that is actually already happening and I suspect that it will only but worse. Buut, I thought this thread was about the USPSA and Corona. Which by the way I heard from a little birdie today that they are mulling over their options right now and some guidance should be forthcoming. I am not a betting man, but I would not be surprised to see it shut down for now.

User Tag List