Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Duty Holsters - positioning, angle, heights, retention

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagga Boy View Post
    These cases involved officers being beaten into unconsciousness and the multiple assailants could not get their duty weapon out of the holster. In one case they were pulling so hard the officers keepers around the holster were broken. The myth of “I’ll never let anyone get to my gun” gets fairy tale status pretty quick when beaten to unconsciousnes.
    If I recall Denny Henson told one such story while carrying a 1911 in a 070....

pat

For those who had expressed concerns about having to draw while seated in a vehicle,please @the_theory_police IG page. There are videos addressing this subject.

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.
    Quote Originally Posted by Erick Gelhaus View Post
    For those who had expressed concerns about having to draw while seated in a vehicle,please @the_theory_police IG page. There are videos addressing this subject.
    Great.....now I have to get the Instagramz.

Site Supporter
    Everything I probably could have hoped to add to this thread Dagga already said in post 40.

I do run my SLS at about 2:30 with a slightly lower drop.
    Polite Professional

None of this is new information, it is all just part of older teachings that have been lost over time.
    I know the OP touched on this but, the following bears a watch. It's an old school USPSA video from the 80's, note that every shooter has their holster staged at 2:00 and forward canted.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJvT3Cd4iME

Quote Originally Posted by sickeness View Post
    None of this is new information, it is all just part of older teachings that have been lost over time.
    Completely agree.

The real reason for this post is that the humor bug bit during conversations with a couple of other members here.

It's Golden in the Streetz, but it'll get you Kilt in da Seatz!

Thank you, thank you very much.

Completely agree.

The real reason for this post is that the humor bug bit during conversations with a couple of other members here.

We shall mourn thee.
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

Completely agree.

But you're a Monster in the Sheetz, Bro! No homo.

Safariland now shows the CUBL and VUBL as available to order.

Great post, good data to back it up, learned a bit too from the data on things I've learned just work over time. That tan Davis holster in black basketweave was my first duty holster for the S&W 4506-1.

User Tag List