Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Help Me HK

HCM, SO...TRUE... But how else are you supposed to dry them off after a run through the dishwasher?

Having on one occasion to put my P2000 on the ground and use a power sprayer at our wash racks one night to get the mud out of every nook and cranny they do hold up fairly well to the abuse we put them through. There was a picture floating around years ago of one of our ATV guys gun that he cracked the grip off of in an accident...I’ve never seen anything like that before. It’ll be interesting to see how the Glocks hold up.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    ...which if any HK models have a user serviceable firing pin and safety plunger?
    Answered my own question, at least for the p30. Full disassembly of the slide on a p30 looks straightforward.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRmKPgDTGQY
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by TCB View Post

There was a picture floating around years ago of one of our ATV guys gun that he cracked the grip off of in an accident...I’ve never seen anything like that before. It’ll be interesting to see how the Glocks hold up.
    I have a classmate who broke his P2000 while in a knock-down drag-out with a prep. Not sure how or when the pistol got broken but it broke the trigger guard off.

Regarding the "pistol in the oven" incident; the agent thought it would be a safe place to hide his firearm. Too bad he didn't tell his wife the gun was in there. In a similar incident, another employee hid his pistol inside his kitchen trash can. Again, telling the wife would have saved him a bunch of grief...

Answered my own question, at least for the p30. Full disassembly of the slide on a p30 looks straightforward.

Same disassembly as the P2000 in this regard.

Some of our special operations guys had the 40 S&W P30 for awhile. Quite a few of them suffered from broken guide rods. They sheared off right along the hook.

That does appear to be a design flaw. Do you know which if any HK models have a user serviceable firing pin and safety plunger?
    The VP9's striker comes out in a manner pretty similar to the Glock, M&P, etc.
    Last edited by Tokarev; 11-18-2019 at 06:04 PM.

Similar to the HK45 and 45C apparently. Not as simple as a 1911...but not terribly difficult, either.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    The VP9's striker comes out in a manner pretty similar to the Glock, M&P, etc.
    Not quite like the M&P, where you have to remove the rear sight to access the safety plunger
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Site Supporter
    HCM, SO...TRUE... But how else are you supposed to dry them off after a run through the dishwasher?

Having on one occasion to put my P2000 on the ground and use a power sprayer at our wash racks one night to get the mud out of every nook and cranny they do hold up fairly well to the abuse we put them through. There was a picture floating around years ago of one of our ATV guys gun that he cracked the grip off of in an accident...I’ve never seen anything like that before. It’ll be interesting to see how the Glocks hold up.
    I’ve seen the ATV roll over P2k with the grip snapped off. The HK polymer is harder than the Glock material. It probably can be deformed enough to disable the gun but seems less likely to snap.

Everyone knows you keep your gun in the freezer, not the oven. Am I the only one who has seen the original Shaft ?

The USPC’s were tanks and held up very well outside the early issues with firing pin breakage which were addressed. The P2k is very similar but has some internal differences to cut manufacturing costs. That’s why the USPC’s usually have nicer trigger pulls even comparing V2 LEM to V2 LEM.

I’m not a fan of the Spider-Man grip. They feel great but flat sided guns track better for me at speed.
    Last edited by HCM; 11-18-2019 at 08:55 PM.

Not quite like the M&P, where you have to remove the rear sight to access the safety plunger
    Same with the VP9 in that regard. The safety plunger doesn't come out without a bit more work.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Hammertime

The P Series HKs are not bad at all to disassemble and clean. Just need the TRS tool.

Site Supporter

A friend of mine is an agent who rolled an ATV and broke his HK’s grip off. He was hurt pretty badly - breaking his gun was the least of his problems. I would imagine it’s the same guy.

User Tag List