Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Trump skips WWI ceremony due to rain...

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    So how did everyone else manage to make the trips in the rain...?

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk
    Fake news!

Clearly his bone spur war wounds were acting up.

Site Supporter
    Dear God: Let Trump decide not to run and let Nikki Haley run.

New rule - no one over 65 can run for president.

This incident is just another projective test for the tribal true believers of both sides of the spectrum.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    I'm Trump agnostic at best and don't see why it's an issue. But I've been on the details of POTUS and VPOTUS visits multiple times and have a realistic notion of the logistics in terms of manpower and man-hours involved with moving him around domestically.

It's no more newsworthy than a stumble on the stairs, but it'll get eyeballs and can be used to spin a narrative so it's "news".
    I’m right there with you. I didn’t vote for him in the last election and have been highly critical of his policies toward fiscal, healthcare, and trade issues. I also think that he is a lying coward on personal integrity issues related to Vietnam / heel spurs and paying off the filthy whores that he likes to screw. Moreover, I’m a veteran.

Yet, I’m not understanding the outrage and I doubt that he canceled the trip just because he didn’t want to hold an umbrella.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Hmmm......so if I understand this correctly, individuals that have real-world experience with prior Presidential security and transportation feel this movement cancellation was within the normal parameters, while folks who have no actual knowledge of such arrangements are upset and outraged over some perceived slight.
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post
    Hmmm......so if I understand this correctly, individuals that have real-world experience with prior Presidential security and transportation feel this movement cancellation was within the normal parameters, while folks who have no actual knowledge of such arrangements are upset and outraged over some perceived slight.

Doc, you and I share the same take away. I'm sure we're not the only ones.

Having stood post in the rain while on loan to the Secret Service in years past, I endorse limiting all political activity to sunny days.

(But I still think most of the reported angst was over the failure to attend not being addressed with the gravitas that was expected...as opposed to a lack of understanding regarding the dangers or logistics involved. Perhaps I'm wrong.)
    There's nothing civil about this war.

I’m active duty and do not care about this in the least.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Having stood post in the rain while on loan to the Secret Service in years past...
    I bet would be totally worth it if they’ed let you climb into the back of the Suburban with the Dillon Aero M134D for just 5 minutes...totally...worth...it...
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Having stood post in the rain while on loan to the Secret Service in years past, I endorse limiting all political activity to sunny days.

(But I still think most of the reported angst was over the failure to attend not being addressed with the gravitas that was expected...as opposed to a lack of understanding regarding the dangers or logistics involved. Perhaps I'm wrong.)
    Reported where? The media remains offended that our President exists in any fashion. The angst expressed in this thread is by people who at this point are deliberately ignorant of the fact that POTUS movements are carefully planned and executed with an incredible amount of resources. This isn’t you taking a road trip to see you Great Aunt Clementine. It’s not the same as moving any other world leader.
    How did Macron get there? It’s doesn’t fucking matter. He’s not POTUS.
    Why wasn’t there a plan B? There are plans B-Z with Presidential movements. The issue is that all of them are a gigantic undertaking. Has one of them put into action, we’d be here debating why OrangeMan had 80 miles of Paris roadways shut down just so he could attend the ceremony.
    For anyone who continues to not get that POTUS movements aren’t the same as anyone else on this planet, and refuse to listen to those of us who have worked these details, there’s a surprising amount of information publicly available regarding the scope of these operations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vending Machine Operator

Trump skips WWI ceremony due to rain...

Idk. This guy has lots of experience and had a critique, so maybe it’s just the same old tribal politics crap. Sure wish I could moderately criticize the guy without picking a side in the Trump Patriot / Antifa Liberal contest of idiocy.

Anyway, certainly not going to burn my PF bridges over a mild criticism Donald Trump’s travel itineraries. Guess I’m wrong. On to next week’s topic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by LockedBreech; 11-12-2018 at 02:31 PM.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

User Tag List