Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Ruger LCP annouced in 22LR!

Hammertime
    Shot 300 through LCP 22

Dot Torture at 5: 46. At 7: 44

Supertests: 271, 280, 291, 275, 277-1

Lots of failures to extract mainly after first shot on a loaded mag. I checked it carefully at home and there was crud on the breech face so I cleaned that up really well. Maybe that was keeping the extractor from getting under the lip. Extractor looks fine.

Ruger breaking my heart yet again with these little pistols. I love shooting it and want a reliable pocket .22. I noticed in the super tests that the time limits were a joke with a .22. Shooting fast and accurately is not the issue. Reliability remains a problem.

Hammertime
    Can anyone on this thread confirm that their LCP .22 has an angled but to the bottom of the extractor as shown in this photo?

Name:  81C79840-5DF3-4631-BD66-7F64FEF4E882.jpg
Views: 548
Size:  59.1 KB

It may be that my extractor is broken on that bottom edge there, which would explain the failures to extract. I took it out and looked at it pretty carefully before, though, and the bottom appears to me to be designed with that angle and it didn’t look broken. I just want to confirm this one way or the other. If it is broken that would actually make me pretty happy because it would explain how a reliable pistol suddenly became unreliable.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Glock View Post
    Can anyone on this thread confirm that their LCP .22 has an angled but to the bottom of the extractor as shown in this photo?

It may be that my extractor is broken on that bottom edge there, which would explain the failures to extract. I took it out and looked at it pretty carefully before, though, and the bottom appears to me to be designed with that angle and it didn’t look broken. I just want to confirm this one way or the other. If it is broken that would actually make me pretty happy because it would explain how a reliable pistol suddenly became unreliable.
    My extractor is square at the bottom.
    It looks like yours is broken.
    I have near 3,000 rounds through mine and not a single failure to extract.

Mine looks exactly the same, with the angle.
    I only have about 600 rounds through mine, and was pretty underwhelmed with its reliability, including lots of failures to extract. I honestly just lost interest in getting it ironed out and it has sat in the safe for months.

Sent from my SM-A515U using Tapatalk

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by swampyank33 View Post
    Mine looks exactly the same, with the angle.
    I only have about 600 rounds through mine, and was pretty underwhelmed with its reliability, including lots of failures to extract. I honestly just lost interest in getting it ironed out and it has sat in the safe for months.

Sent from my SM-A515U using Tapatalk
    Ruh-roh.

Can we get more data points from other owners?

I had 3 light strikes in the first hundred. Looked like good hits. Minimags, all fired the second strike.

Ruh-roh.

Can we get more data points from other owners?
    Angled but neither ad much nor going as far up the extractor. Looks wonky on the flat toward the breech face. Also had extraction issues.

Who wants to contact Ruger, first?

Site Supporter
    "Shop Ruger" sells these. They are cheap. I would buy a couple. On one I would take off .003 on the underside so that it would move further inward and have more bite on the case in front of the rim. But before I did anything with the extractor, I wood clean and polish the chamber. And I would try different ammo brands if available,

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by willie View Post
    "Shop Ruger" sells these. They are cheap. I would buy a couple. On one I would take off .003 on the underside so that it would move further inward and have more bite on the case in front of the rim. But before I did anything with the extractor, I wood clean and polish the chamber. And I would try different ammo brands if available,

Please post a link because all I see are the .380 extractors which are not the same at all.

User Tag List