Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Looking for ideas on a new CC pistol

Quote Originally Posted by Cypher View Post
    There are not enough likes in the World
    Lol!!!!!

Too bad there’s not a dislike button because there wouldn’t be enough of those for condoning this behavior.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TicTacticalTimmy View Post
    Just want to say that this type of attitude is seriously off putting to anyone new to serious pistolcraft that genuinely wants to learn more and improve. We all started somewhere, and if you think back a few years I would be willing to bet you strongly held a number of ideas you now find idiotic.

For myself, I remember digesting all of Springfields marketing and youtube "reviews" about the XD series which convinced me the XDM was the most advanced and highest quality handgun on the market. Then I actually rented an XDM and couldnt believe how much it felt like a cheap toy and how different the experience was from the image put into my head by marketing. That was the first experience that showed me how little I actually knew and lead me to seeking reputable advice and experience.

Just yesterday I bought a gun and had a conversation with the dealer. He proudly pulled out his EDC: a ruger LCP loaded with G2 RIP. After showing it to me, he proceeded to load the gun by shoving the first round directly onto the chamber and closed the slide on that round. This was just after telling me how his last LCP had a damaged extractor "from shooting too much Wolf".
    Now I could have taken the attitude many have taken in this thread and told this guy he didn't know shit about guns and shooting and needed to stop carrying until he took a few classes and could get a consistent 7S FAST etc...... which would have caused him to shut down and probably call me an asshole (which would be correct), and certainly would NOT have motivated him to change any of his gun related beliefs or choices.
    Instead I did tell him that loading the gun like that will seriously damage the extractor, taking as little of a smartass tone as I could manage. Maybe if I speak to him again I will mention in a friendly way why I personally wouldnt carry a gun I cant perform to a given standard on, and maybe that will get his noggin joggin in the right direction. If he does choose to go in that direction, there is a good chance someone will eventually explain to him why gimmicky 380 rounds are a horrible choice for self defence. In any case, neither he nor anyone else will make any changes in their life if they feel personally attacked to do so.

If you really feel this conversation isnt worth your time then just dont spend your time replying to or reading this thread. Making personal attacks when someone is genuinely asking for advice helps nobody. In general this elitist attitude turns away a lot of people who might otherwise go down a path of knowledge and improvement when it comes to serious self defense and pistolcraft.

/rant
    The OP has been doing this for YEARS on various forums. Same MO every time.

Site Supporter
    I can't even remember the original question now, but whatever it was, the number of possible solutions is very finite: different pistol, different location of carry, different holster, new pants with a slightly larger waist size to accommodate IWB carry, etc. I haven't seen any of the Beretta holsters in person, but online they don't look very impressive. Since you're relatively pleased with the PX4c, I think you should check with JM Custom Kydex, describe your situation, and see which of their OWB holsters (LINK) would likely work best for you. The owner, Tony Mayer, is a member here, and many of us are very satisfied customers. A genuinely good holster can make a huge difference in how the guns carries. The difference between a good holster and a bad holster is not necessarily apparent to the untrained eye.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Glock View Post
    What exactly do you want to learn? Can you repost your question?
    As far as learning? Whatever I can. As far as my question- actually if there were such a thing, a single stack version of a PX4 Storm sub-compact. Doesn’t even have to be 10 rounds or even 10+ rounds. Just something like that. I’d really love to get that SC Storm as it comes but that’s just a little too much.

That little Springfield XDE sounded like a great one to consider but again since this thread kinda turned into the other one I made about methods of carry, I may not even need to look into a new gun, and just try to find some shirts that would conceal either the Ruger or maybe even my compact Storm in a pancake holster worn outside the waistband.

Also, why do you want to carry a gun?
    Is this a trick question?

Quote Originally Posted by Cypher View Post
    The OP has been doing this for YEARS on various forums. Same MO every time.
    Doing what, putting up with people like you? For that, you would be right.

In the interest of world peace, I actually went back to the OP's post, since people were accusing me of not wanting to actually provide a solution. In this longish post, I will address literally EVERY one of OP's questions, and concerns. My answers to his issues will be inline with his original quote post, in italicized parentheticals and signed with "-C" my first initial.

Quote Originally Posted by corneileous View Post
    Don’t get me wrong, my little Ruger LC9S has served me well. I’ve enjoyed carrying it but because it was pretty much the only thing that I felt would satisfy my needs, back when I got it, I’m just curious what all else might be out there that might serve me better.

Yes, I am a fan of the PX4 Storm series by Beretta and after really liking carrying concealed in a cargo pocket of a pair of cargo pants (and shorts) (you're carrying a PX4 Storm in cargo pockets? This is an awful place to carry as it limits access and doesn't block the trigger guard. -C), I figured maybe I’d finally have enough reason and justification to get me one of those little sub-compact Storms because they work identical to my other three Storms. And, I can make it a Type-G decocker only to match the others but, even though it’s small, it’s still a heavy little gun. It’s like my Ruger but one and a half...lol.

So with that said, what would be a good DA/SA decocker only, single-stack pistol about or close to the size of the Ruger? (The only pistol that meets this criteria is the Langdon XD-E, it's 800 bucks. -C) How would one of those little baby 1911’s work? (baby 1911s are not TDA and thus are excluded from your original parameters -C) l know that’s not within the parameters of a single-stack(if there was one) SC Storm but it would however be very similar to how I carry my 10mm Sig out in the woods cocked and locked. Would that make a good pocket-carry pistol?

Don’t really think I want anything striker-fired as I really have become accustomed to hammer-fired guns.

I guess there’s always the possibility of revolvers too but I like being able to carry upwards of ten rounds without having to reload. Which, I know, I’ve often thought about the idea of carrying a second magazine and now that cargo pocket carry is very doable and much more comfortable (please get a holster - C), it also makes it a lot easier to carry a spare mag.

Thoughts? Thanks.

Now, thoughts from me. What you actually need is a proper holster and a belt. Pocket carry of any type is a really lousy way to carry, and if you don't use a holster with your pocket carry it's also dangerous. You already own two guns that are perfectly acceptable for concealed carry, and I suspect that you're simply looking for a gear solution to a software issue, or perhaps looking to emotionally justify your next purchase. Your best bet would simply to be buying a quality holster for your PX4 and carrying that, or buying a pocket holster for whatever baby Ruger you mentioned above.

If you're committed to the TDA single stack, then a Langdon XD-E is your only realistic choice, unless you want to hunt the used market for a 3913.

Also cut back on your carbs.

Quote Originally Posted by pangloss View Post
    I can't even remember the original question now, but whatever it was, the number of possible solutions is very finite: different pistol, different location of carry, different holster, new pants with a slightly larger waist size to accommodate IWB carry, etc. I haven't seen any of the Beretta holsters in person, but online they don't look very impressive. Since you're relatively pleased with the PX4c, I think you should check with JM Custom Kydex, describe your situation, and see which of their OWB holsters (LINK) would likely work best for you. The owner, Tony Mayer, is a member here, and many of us are very satisfied customers. A genuinely good holster can make a huge difference in how the guns carries. The difference between a good holster and a bad holster is not necessarily apparent to the untrained eye.
    This is what I have but for the full-size Storm.

https://www.berettausa.com/en-us/ra-...k-lthr/e01130/

I’ll check that link out, thanks.

Hammertime
    As far as learning? Whatever I can. As far as my question- actually if there were such a thing, a single stack version of a PX4 Storm sub-compact.

Is this a trick question?
    The XDE is the only small DA/SA pistol I know of in production.

But I agree you are better off coming up with a solid carry method for what you have.

Not a trick question at all in the why carry a gun thing. Would “to preserve my life?” be assuming too much in your answer?

Quote Originally Posted by jetfire View Post
    This is an awful place to carry as it limits access and doesn't block the trigger guard. -C)
    I apologize, I’m usually a much better editor of my posts but with the size this thread has grown to, I over looked it but I need to correct that. I don’t pocket carry any of my storms. I was talking about pocket carrying with the Ruger.

(The only pistol that meets this criteria is the Langdon XD-E, it's 800 bucks. -C)
    What’s the difference between his version and the stock version of that?

(baby 1911s are not TDA and thus are excluded from your original parameters -C)
    Thank you, but I think that’s already been decided.

I didn’t quote that last part because is co-relates with the first part you quoted.

I apologize, I’m usually a much better editor of my posts but with the size this thread has grown to, I over looked it but I need to correct that. I don’t pocket carry any of my storms. I was talking about pocket carrying with the Ruger.

What’s the difference between his version and the stock version of that?

Thank you, but I think that’s already been decided.

I didn’t quote that last part because is co-relates with the first part you quoted.

The Langdon XDE has notable performance upgrades which make it superior to the stock XDE. I wouldn't recommend a stock XDE, but I would recommend the Langdon model.

User Tag List