Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Looking for ideas on a new CC pistol

Quote Originally Posted by jetfire View Post
    The Type-F mechanism that's used in the Storm and the 90-Series pistols performs the same mechanical function. Beretta advised you to carry it on safe for liability purposes, or perhaps because you said that you're carrying the gun in your pocket without a holster, which is a fucking stupid place to carry your gun.
    Open mouth insert foot? First off, that’s some deep ass pockets of you’re gonna carry something like that in a pocket. Second, that is not what I asked and for your information, I just simply asked the difference. Nothing more, nothing less.

I've decided that this entire conversation has been an utter waste of my time...
    Boo boo. Thank you for sharing that with us. I bet you made so many people’s day complete now that we know that.

...and you're the sort of person who likely shouldn't be carrying a gun to begin with.
    Wow... judgmental much?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by corneileous View Post
    Wow... judgmental much?

Yes. I am. While you certainly have a constituional right to carry a gun, perhaps it's not the best self-defense choice for you. It's a tremendous responsibility, being armed, and your conduct on this forum suggests you're not really well equipped for that.

[QUOTE=jetfire;933072

I've decided that this entire conversation has been an utter waste of my time, and you're the sort of person who likely shouldn't be carrying a gun to begin with.[/QUOTE]

Just want to say that this type of attitude is seriously off putting to anyone new to serious pistolcraft that genuinely wants to learn more and improve. We all started somewhere, and if you think back a few years I would be willing to bet you strongly held a number of ideas you now find idiotic.

For myself, I remember digesting all of Springfields marketing and youtube "reviews" about the XD series which convinced me the XDM was the most advanced and highest quality handgun on the market. Then I actually rented an XDM and couldnt believe how much it felt like a cheap toy and how different the experience was from the image put into my head by marketing. That was the first experience that showed me how little I actually knew and lead me to seeking reputable advice and experience.

Just yesterday I bought a gun and had a conversation with the dealer. He proudly pulled out his EDC: a ruger LCP loaded with G2 RIP. After showing it to me, he proceeded to load the gun by shoving the first round directly onto the chamber and closed the slide on that round. This was just after telling me how his last LCP had a damaged extractor "from shooting too much Wolf".
    Now I could have taken the attitude many have taken in this thread and told this guy he didn't know shit about guns and shooting and needed to stop carrying until he took a few classes and could get a consistent 7S FAST etc...... which would have caused him to shut down and probably call me an asshole (which would be correct), and certainly would NOT have motivated him to change any of his gun related beliefs or choices.
    Instead I did tell him that loading the gun like that will seriously damage the extractor, taking as little of a smartass tone as I could manage. Maybe if I speak to him again I will mention in a friendly way why I personally wouldnt carry a gun I cant perform to a given standard on, and maybe that will get his noggin joggin in the right direction. If he does choose to go in that direction, there is a good chance someone will eventually explain to him why gimmicky 380 rounds are a horrible choice for self defence. In any case, neither he nor anyone else will make any changes in their life if they feel personally attacked to do so.

If you really feel this conversation isnt worth your time then just dont spend your time replying to or reading this thread. Making personal attacks when someone is genuinely asking for advice helps nobody. In general this elitist attitude turns away a lot of people who might otherwise go down a path of knowledge and improvement when it comes to serious self defense and pistolcraft.

/rant
    Last edited by TicTacticalTimmy; 09-21-2019 at 05:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TicTacticalTimmy View Post
    If you really feel this conversation isnt worth your time then just dont spend your time replying to or reading this thread. Making personal attacks when someone is genuinely asking for advice helps nobody. In general this elitist attitude turns away a lot of people who might otherwise go down a path of knowledge and improvement when it comes to serious self defense and pistolcraft.

/rant
    I didn't decide that it wasn't worth my time until after I had actually tried to respond in good faith. That's sort of the rule: I'm not interesting in investing my time and effort into threads where other parties aren't actually engaging in good faith. If you want to have your shitty choices justified by a crowd of low-information assclowns, fuck right off to TTAG or Arfcom (I don't mean you specifically, dude).

I go back and forth on this thread. I think the OP really wants to learn something, since he's reading and searching out new stuff, and some of that is contradictory. On the other hand, he does pipe up with some mildly cringeworthy retorts that are unnecessary and make him sound like a doofus. I hope he sticks around, shuts up, and learns some things here. I know I have, including the part about shutting up.

To address one of the OP's points, pocket carry is a tremendously bad idea without some sort of pocket holster that covers the trigger. In fact, I would say that any pistol not in your hand should have the trigger covered to avoid foreign objects from actuating the trigger. The difference is that a proper holster is rigid enough to prevent brushing up against something that will affect the gun. Your shorts or pants aren't stiff enough. This means that you're at risk of something accidentally pulling the trigger (or cocking the hammer, then pulling the trigger) and shooting yourself or others. Get a pocket holster or, better yet, a belt holster. If you can afford it, get a decent belt, a decent holster, and take a one or two day class. You'll get most of the answers you're looking for.

As others have pointed out, with a PX4C you likely don't need a new or different pistol. These are fantastic pistols, and will do everything you need them to do. Secondly, it was a great idea to convert both to type G, rather than have them with different operating systems. I would do the same in your shoes, plus I dislike manual safeties for my use and carry methods. (Though if you continue to pocket carry, type F is likely slightly better)

I drove a big rig in college, and I liked it a lot. If my circumstances were to change, I would definitely considering getting back into a rig. Only for the warm months. I can't image how you guys drive in sleet and snow. My hat is off to you and DougAK.
    Last edited by john c; 09-21-2019 at 06:03 PM.

Yes. I am. While you certainly have a constituional right to carry a gun, perhaps it's not the best self-defense choice for you. It's a tremendous responsibility, being armed, and your conduct on this forum suggests you're not really well equipped for that.
    You got all this just from asking questions and not backing down to bullying just because I’m the new guy??

But damn, I guess I oughta just turn my permit in and sell all my guns because I guess the high and mighty buttfire.... I mean jetfire has spoken he don’t think I’m qualified to do nothin....

Too bad I could give a shit less what you think but if you’re trying to get my thread closed because of senseless bickering from some joker who just don’t know when to keep is mouth shut then you’re doing an excellent job....

Quote Originally Posted by TicTacticalTimmy View Post
    Just want to say that this type of attitude is seriously off putting to anyone new to serious pistolcraft that genuinely wants to learn more and improve. We all started somewhere, and if you think back a few years I would be willing to bet you strongly held a number of ideas you now find idiotic.

For myself, I remember digesting all of Springfields marketing and youtube "reviews" about the XD series which convinced me the XDM was the most advanced and highest quality handgun on the market. Then I actually rented an XDM and couldnt believe how much it felt like a cheap toy and how different the experience was from the image put into my head by marketing. That was the first experience that showed me how little I actually knew and lead me to seeking reputable advice and experience.

Just yesterday I bought a gun and had a conversation with the dealer. He proudly pulled out his EDC: a ruger LCP loaded with G2 RIP. After showing it to me, he proceeded to load the gun by shoving the first round directly onto the chamber and closed the slide on that round. This was just after telling me how his last LCP had a damaged extractor "from shooting too much Wolf".
    Now I could have taken the attitude many have taken in this thread and told this guy he didn't know shit about guns and shooting and needed to stop carrying until he took a few classes and could get a consistent 7S FAST etc...... which would have caused him to shut down and probably call me an asshole (which would be correct), and certainly would NOT have motivated him to change any of his gun related beliefs or choices.
    Instead I did tell him that loading the gun like that will seriously damage the extractor, taking as little of a smartass tone as I could manage. Maybe if I speak to him again I will mention in a friendly way why I personally wouldnt carry a gun I cant perform to a given standard on, and maybe that will get his noggin joggin in the right direction. If he does choose to go in that direction, there is a good chance someone will eventually explain to him why gimmicky 380 rounds are a horrible choice for self defence. In any case, neither he nor anyone else will make any changes in their life if they feel personally attacked to do so.

/rant
    Thank you.

Looking for ideas on a new CC pistol

Quote Originally Posted by john c View Post
    I go back and forth on this thread. I think the OP really wants to learn something, since he's reading and searching out new stuff, and some of that is contradictory. On the other hand, he does pipe up with some mildly cringeworthy retorts that are unnecessary and make him sound like a doofus. I hope he sticks around, shuts up, and learns some things here. I know I have, including the part about shutting up.

To address one of the OP's points, pocket carry is a tremendously bad idea without some sort of pocket holster that covers the trigger. In fact, I would say that any pistol not in your hand should have the trigger covered to avoid foreign objects from actuating the trigger. The difference is that a proper holster is rigid enough to prevent brushing up against something that will affect the gun. Your shorts or pants aren't stiff enough. This means that you're at risk of something accidentally pulling the trigger (or cocking the hammer, then pulling the trigger) and shooting yourself or others. Get a pocket holster or, better yet, a belt holster. If you can afford it, get a decent belt, a decent holster, and take a one or two day class. You'll get most of the answers you're looking for.

As others have pointed out, with a PX4C you likely don't need a new or different pistol. These are fantastic pistols, and will do everything you need them to do. Secondly, it was a great idea to convert both to type G, rather than have them with different operating systems. I would do the same in your shoes, plus I dislike manual safeties for my use and carry methods. (Though if you continue to pocket carry, type F is likely slightly better)

I drove a big rig in college, and I liked it a lot. If my circumstances were to change, I would definitely considering getting back into a rig. Only for the warm months. I can't image how you guys drive in sleet and snow. My hat is off to you and DougAK.
    Yes, the OP- me... wants to learn something just despite a major consensus here who probably feels otherwise. Just like in that other thread I made that got shut down due to senseless arguing from folks, about asking about how to maybe get over being uncomfortable around striker-fired pistols with just a “trigger safety”. I still may not ever own a Glock but I was sure impressed about learning about an aftermarket device that makes them a little safer. But ya know, people think I’m not here to learn. Lol.

But I’m sorry you think my retorts- like the ones here last few posts ago to choice member jetfire- are how you perceive them to be but hey, how about cutting the bullshit?? Then there wouldn’t be a need for my retorts. How ‘bout we act like men- and women if there are any here and start posting like adults.

Anywho... yeah, I pocket carry, but it’s not any of my storms. My Ruger LC9S is what gets carried. And it does get carried on what I hope would be a good pocket holster.

Last edited by corneileous; 09-21-2019 at 06:25 PM.

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by corneileous View Post
    Yes, the OP- me... wants to learn something just despite a major consensus here who probably feels otherwise. But ya know, people think I’m not here to learn. Lol.
    What exactly do you want to learn? Can you repost your question?

Also, why do you want to carry a gun?

Banned
    The Type-F mechanism that's used in the Storm and the 90-Series pistols performs the same mechanical function. Beretta advised you to carry it on safe for liability purposes, or perhaps because you said that you're carrying the gun in your pocket without a holster, which is a fucking stupid place to carry your gun.

I've decided that this entire conversation has been an utter waste of my time, and you're the sort of person who likely shouldn't be carrying a gun to begin with.
    There are not enough likes in the World

User Tag List