Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Official FloridaMan/Woman thread

Quote Originally Posted by jwperry View Post
    Why do I feel like this will end up as one of the most epic threads on the internet?

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
    Maybe people will come to PFC for the Florida Man/Woman thread and learn something about guns. Probably not, but that would be cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Quote Originally Posted by txdpd View Post
    My guess it will end up in a storm drain after it goes bad in couple days.
    How little you know about my fellow Floridians. The scenarios all end in fire. First is that they actually need it for a generator, so they hot refuel in the living room because they don't want the generator stolen. If they don't use the generator, it will be stored in the garage or outdoor shed until the plastic melts and gas finds an ignition source.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    How little you know about my fellow Floridians. The scenarios all end in fire. First is that they actually need it for a generator, so they hot refuel in the living room because they don't want the generator stolen. If they don't use the generator, it will be stored in the garage or outdoor shed until the plastic melts and gas finds an ignition source.
    They must sell a lot of generators in FL.

I'll admit that I have one but it's really old and somebody gave it to me. Never used it. I store it in a shed for the big 8.0 shaker that I know is coming. Then everyone can joke about people who still live on the west coast.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    They must sell a lot of generators in FL.

I'll admit that I have one but it's really old and somebody gave it to me. Never used it. I store it in a shed for the big 8.0 shaker that I know is coming. Then everyone can joke about people who still live on the west coast.
    Watching Florida every time it's in the crosshairs for a storm feels like it's the first time every time. A run on generators, plywood, water, gas and gas cans every time.

As for generators, I've got an old 5kw Generac generator that's probably due for replacement (likely with the PF Approved Predator 3500 inverter generator), but it's only been pressed into service once in 10 years . . . best $300 insurance policy I ever bought.
    "If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur."
    Disclaimer: I have previously worked in the firearms industry as an engineer. Thoughts and opinions expressed here are mine alone and not those of my prior employers.

Name:  Florida Man.jpg
Views: 557
Size:  44.8 KB
    Don’t blame me. I didn’t vote for that dumb bastard.

Quote Originally Posted by ragnar_d View Post
    Watching Florida every time it's in the crosshairs for a storm feels like it's the first time every time. A run on generators, plywood, water, gas and gas cans every time.
    That is no shit, but I think they return anything they don't use after the storm passes. Example: a Florida Man of my acquaintance was telling me he needed sand. I thought he meant for sandbags, and I told him Lowes/HD sell bags of it. He said to me, "Great. I need it to put by one door, and I can return the bags to the store after the storm."
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

That is no shit, but I think they return anything they don't use after the storm passes. Example: a Florida Man of my acquaintance was telling me he needed sand. I thought he meant for sandbags, and I told him Lowes/HD sell bags of it. He said to me, "Great. I need it to put by one door, and I can return the bags to the store after the storm."
    There's a special place in hell for those fuckers.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Site Supporter
    That is no shit, but I think they return anything they don't use after the storm passes.
    Most likely. Or it ends up on eBay/Craigslist/OfferUp for a fraction of what they paid. Which reminds me . . . I need to check there in the next couple weeks to see if I can score a deal on a NIB Honda generator.
    "If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur."
    Disclaimer: I have previously worked in the firearms industry as an engineer. Thoughts and opinions expressed here are mine alone and not those of my prior employers.

Quote Originally Posted by ragnar_d View Post
    Probably would end up spilling less fuel that way than with one of those CARB compliant gas cans.
    CARB cans are the work of Satan.
    #RESIST

“Let me tell you about my people”
    #RESIST

User Tag List