Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: anyone here really familiar with Nashville, TN?

anyone here really familiar with Nashville, TN?

Planning a weekend trip with the wife, no kids.

I think she wants to stay in the area near Tootsie's Lounge, the Ryman, etc. The plan is to visit some country hot spots (maybe tour RCA & the Country Music Hall of Fame, we've done the Ryman in the past), eat some good food, and have drinks over some live music. We'd like to stay as close to all this as possible so we can walk everywhere.

I'd love some recommendations for hotels that are not overly outragous in price. While "cool &nd romantic" would be great, "clean & comfortable" are acceptable.

Any recs on restaurants, places to have a drink & listen to music, etc. are also appreciated.

A few I think are in the area and look decent ... thoughts on any of these good/bad?
    Courtyard by Marriott Nashville Downtown
    Hotel Indigo Downtown
    Renaissance Nashville Hotel
    Loew's Vanderbilt Hotel Nashville
    Last edited by VolGrad; 05-11-2012 at 09:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by VolGrad View Post
    Planning a weekend trip with the wife, no kids.

I think she wants to stay in the area near Tootsie's Lounge, the Ryman, etc. The plan is to visit some country hot spots (maybe tour RCA & the Country Music Hall of Fame, we've done the Ryman in the past), eat some good food, and have drinks over some live music. We'd like to stay as close to all this as possible so we can walk everywhere.

I'd love some recommendations for hotels that are not overly outragous in price. While "cool &nd romantic" would be great, "clean & comfortable" are acceptable.

Any recs on restaurants, places to have a drink & listen to music, etc. are also appreciated.

A few I think are in the area and look decent ... thoughts on any of these good/bad?
    Courtyard by Marriott Nashville Downtown
    Hotel Indigo Downtown
    Renaissance Nashville Hotel
    Loew's Vanderbilt Hotel Nashville
    What, you're not going to try the Grand Ol' Oprey hotel? Then you get all the drink & listen all in one place! J/K. I've been to the city a few times, but not recently enough to make solid recommendations. Nashville's a cool town, enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by EMC View Post
    What, you're not going to try the Grand Ol' Oprey hotel? Then you get all the drink & listen all in one place! J/K. I've been to the city a few times, but not recently enough to make solid recommendations. Nashville's a cool town, enjoy.
    The Opryland Hotel is a pretty cool place. You could go there and never leave and still have a great weekend. However, been there, done that.

Roosters has great food & live music
    Blackstone Brewery on West End is really good
    Flemings & Ruth's Chris are some higher end steakhouses
    Brick Tops is a really good restaraunt
    Any of the hotels you mentioned are great
    The Hermitage Hotel is really nice though, a little pricey though

My wife and I spent a good number of nights in Nashville while dealing with her surgery. We always enjoyed the Hotel Indigo. With that said, it's not real close to the pedestrian heavy night club area. It's walkable, but not out the front door or anything.

I have a few recommendations for restaurants. The first is the Gerst Haus which offers awesome German cuisine. The food is very good and the atmosphere is very laid back. The second is Sitar Indian. The food is excellent and they have a great value of a lunch buffet. My other favorite is the Blackstone Brewery. I don't drink beer but the food was excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by John Hearne View Post
    My wife and I spent a good number of nights in Nashville while dealing with her surgery. We always enjoyed the Hotel Indigo.
    Which Indigo? There are two in Nashville.

Keep the ideas coming. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by 10mm4me View Post
    The Hermitage Hotel is really nice though, a little pricey though
    I stayed here a few years ago when I was in town for a quick photoshoot, and my wife came with me since I was working over a weekend. She really enjoyed the hotel for the 2 nights we were there (I was gone most of the time working, so I didn't see much other than the lobby). She didn't have any trouble walking around the pedestrian areas that it seems like you guys are after, I think it was only 2 blocks or so off the main drag (having a brain fart moment, but you know which street I'm referring to).

It's probably pricey, but worth looking in to for proximity and the "it's a nice place" factor.

OTOH, I do like Hotel Indigo's, but I've yet to stay at either one in Nashvegas.

I am 35 miles from Nashville only been in TN, 5 years but have friends who know that area very well.
    One is the sound man for Kenny chesney he will be back in TN, next week and I will ask him.
    Send me a message and I will give you my number and if you need anything when you come to TN,
    give me a call...

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Mitchum View Post
    Send me a message and I will give you my number and if you need anything when you come to TN,
    give me a call...
    PM sent. Thanks.

No problem Bro..
    I sent you my number...

User Tag List