Page 10 of 43 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Gauge Pic Thread

Not a great picture, but a table full of gauges from Tom Given's Defensive Shotgun class, yesterday.

Very cool, I am sure you folks had an awesome class with Tom!

Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    Very cool, I am sure you folks had an awesome class with Tom!

Absolutely.

I've always been a carbine and handgun guy, never taken a shotgun class. Over the last few years I've kinda been leaning more and more towards the gauge being the best option for my particular situation, regarding personal/home defense. Before I committed to the shotgun entirely, I knew that I wanted some type of formal training with it. I think Tom's class was just about a perfect introduction to the use of a defensive shotgun.

Quote Originally Posted by Eli View Post
    Absolutely.

I've always been a carbine and handgun guy, never taken a shotgun class. Over the last few years I've kinda been leaning more and more towards the gauge being the best option for my particular situation, regarding personal/home defense. Before I committed to the shotgun entirely, I knew that I wanted some type of formal training with it. I think Tom's class was just about a perfect introduction to the use of a defensive shotgun.
    Alright there Mr. Roll Tide, also took a Tom SG class a few yrs. back, any more pics or perhaps an AAR from yours?

Once again, thank you @Tom Givens for putting on a phenomenal class, hope to take it again sometime.

Quote Originally Posted by OldRunner/CSAT Neighbor View Post
    Alright there Mr. Roll Tide, also took a Tom SG class a few yrs. back, any more pics or perhaps an AAR from yours?
    Having to pick between the two, I'm more partial to Mr. War Eagle than Mr. Roll Tide (the distinction being that I'm not okay banging my brother or sister...they at LEAST have to be a cousin). However, you're much more likely to find me watching other people playing video games or other people doing woodworking, rather than other people playing sportsball.

Didn't take a lot of pics, but here are the ones I kept.

Obviously, quite proud of this one.

Getting comfortable manipulating the scatterguns, and more importantly, keeping them fed.

Without a doubt, the sexiest shotgun at the class. Wood furniture professionally refinished, stock cut down to proper length, and a rail section mounted to the forearm to allow the placement of a light.

Stippling the forearm is great for traction during an "Oh shit" moment at 3am, but it kinda sucks if you planning on running the pump ~350 times in one afternoon (250 bird, 50 buck, ~50 dry).

Last edited by Eli; 09-10-2017 at 06:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eli View Post
    Once again, thank you @Tom Givens for putting on a phenomenal class, hope to take it again sometime.

Having to pick between the two, I'm more partial to Mr. War Eagle than Mr. Roll Tide (the distinction being that I'm not okay banging my brother or sister...they at LEAST have to be a cousin). However, you're much more likely to find me watching other people playing video games or other people doing woodworking, rather than other people playing sportsball.

Didn't take a lot of pics, but here are the ones I kept.

Obviously, quite proud of this one.

Getting comfortable manipulating the scatterguns, and more importantly, keeping them fed.

Without a doubt, the sexiest shotgun at the class. Wood furniture professionally refinished, stock cut down to proper length, and a rail section mounted to the forearm to allow the placement of a light.

Stippling the forearm is great for traction during an "Oh shit" moment at 3am, but it kinda sucks if you planning on running the pump ~400 times in one afternoon (250 bird, 50 buck, ~50 dry).

I'm a believer in the "long gun classes require gloves" theory. Learned that running an AK in a rifle class. Theory hasn't let me down since.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

So I bought this today. MKA 1919. Gonna set it up for 3 gun. Will update once I get some rounds through it.

Name:  IMG_1402.jpg
Views: 1006
Size:  61.6 KB
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    So I bought this today. MKA 1919. Gonna set it up for 3 gun. Will update once I get some rounds through it.

Name:  IMG_1402.jpg
Views: 1006
Size:  61.6 KB
    Any ARish shotgun immediately makes me think of the Abel team novels I read as a kid and the Achisson Assault Shotgun carried by one of the characters.

Name:  IMG_1538.JPG
Views: 965
Size:  35.0 KB
    Last edited by HCM; 09-12-2017 at 09:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Any ARish shotgun immediately makes me think of the Abel team novels I read as a kid and the Achisson Assault Shotgun carried by one of the characters.

Name:  IMG_1538.JPG
Views: 965
Size:  35.0 KB
    Remember the AA12 we'll always thought they were cool. Can't say I remember the novels. When I get done with the mods I plan on it will look like this:
    Name:  IMG_1403.JPG
Views: 1417
Size:  47.1 KB

But I wanna make sure it will run as is before I sink more money into it.
    Formerly known as xpd54.

User Tag List