Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: What to do with handgun when nature calls?

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    I remember back in my incarceration days the inmates used to take a leg out of their coveralls when defecation was in progress.
    In case someone attacked during this moment of vulnerability it was possible to fight back since the legs were not trapped by what amounted to leg shackles.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    Hard to take 1 leg out with lace up shoes/boots on.

Like many have said from Ayoob on, put in your underwear hammock or someplace else visible and handy that is still in you /in your clothes.. If somebody invades the stall you will need it in hand quickly. In some places it may be best to keep it in hand finger off of trigger. I try to avoid such places but sometimes digestive issues do not give you a choice.

Porta johns: lid close until pants down and gear situated, lid open, do your business/finish paperwork, lid down clothes back up gear up. One of the few advantages of a shoulder holster.

I have a fairly regular schedule, but road trips tends to screw it up. First time in years, I had to drop trou in a rest area bathroom. OWB holstered pistol. This is what I did.

1) Handicap stall.
    2) Draw pistol, insert pistol into the empty external pocket of my concealment vest.
    3) Drop deuce with pistol in pocket tucked into crook of arm.
    4) Complete business, get everythinf sorted and bucked up, then reholster pistol.

Advantage of concealment is sturdy enough pockets to hold a full size fully loaded 1911. Advantage of 1911, minimal concerns about ND, when out of the holster, due to positive manual safety.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    This might seem like a humorous topic but I have to wonder what some of us do when nature requires the dropping of pants.

A recent event with an employee for my agency made me think this should be a serious point of discussion. The employee either took his gun out of the holster or took the holster off of his belt. At the conclusion of his business, he walked out and left the handgun in the stall. Upon realizing he was missing the weapon, he returned a short few minutes later to find it gone. The gun was recovered months later in an unrelated police incident.

So what do you all suggest? And does the preferred/suggested method apply for both men and women?

Depends

Sorry if someone already said that, I skimmed a few pages.
    "Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of liberty" ~ Thomas Jefferson

Bump for an update. Oops!

https://www.policeone.com/chiefs-she...5dCGfKL3Hm0-F0

Holy crap

Site Supporter
    Holding a gun after after residing in the underwear hammock is not attractive. I found in the supermarket, that one can snag a plastic bag, use the handicap stall and lay the gun on the bag.

Some stores have family rooms that are separate rooms and that solves the problem also.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    I have a fairly regular schedule, but road trips tends to screw it up. First time in years, I had to drop trou in a rest area bathroom. OWB holstered pistol. This is what I did.

1) Handicap stall.
    2) Draw pistol, insert pistol into the empty external pocket of my concealment vest.
    3) Drop deuce with pistol in pocket tucked into crook of arm.
    4) Complete business, get everythinf sorted and bucked up, then reholster pistol.

Advantage of concealment is sturdy enough pockets to hold a full size fully loaded 1911. Advantage of 1911, minimal concerns about ND, when out of the holster, due to positive manual safety.
    Indeed, this is one advantage of a vest-of-many-pockets. I am not a daily wearer of such vests, but they are truly handy when traveling. In cooler weather, or at night, a jacket can cover the vest, for a grey-er appearance.

Of course, depending upon how well the belt fills the belt loops, the stiffness of the belt, the retention of the holster upon the weapon, and how well the holster fits the belt, one can leave the weapon in the holster, perhaps perched on one thigh. Old-school G. Wm. Davis belts and holsters were good for this. Milt Sparks holsters/belts, too.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    Holding a gun after after residing in the underwear hammock is not attractive. I found in the supermarket, that one can snag a plastic bag, use the handicap stall and lay the gun on the bag.

Some stores have family rooms that are separate rooms and that solves the problem also.
    Posted to my blog back in 2014, after a quick trip to Safeway:
    Dear Koala Bear Care people:
    I'd like to congratulate you for an excellent product. I found myself in some distress earlier today, and the shelf you had installed in the stall to hold my concealed carry sidearm was just the thing.

Wouldn't it be more efficient if it was much smaller, though? I mean, that thing is big enough to change a baby's diaper on!
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Experiment and adapt your food intake, fitness (and digestive time tables ) to a degree that places you in tactical advantage....

Like at your own home in your own bathroom.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    I just drop trou then buckle my belt at my knee. No need to unholster.
    Still works. Plain clothes, duty belt, whatever. Yet to drop a gun, yet to leave one behind.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

User Tag List