Page 82 of 185 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492132182 ... LastLast

Thread: COVID-19 vaccines: medical concerns and recommendations

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    Your local PD probably has a drop box.

Local PD here also does 2 take-back events each year in conjunction with the local DEA. Next one is in about 2 weeks.
    Quote Originally Posted by ccmdfd View Post
    Local hospitals and pharmacies around here do the same thing.
    https://www.greyhound.com/en-us/destinations
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by 0ddl0t View Post
    24+ hours later and still no booster side effects to report. I don't even notice my arm this time, but I can find a lump under the injection site if I feel around for it. My armpit lymph node is also a bit swollen, but again I don't notice unless I go exploring.
    48+ hours and nothing new to report. Injection site lump is gone and the arm has no lingering tenderness. My armpit lymph node is still a bit swollen - something I only notice/perceive as a minor irritation when running or swimming. The booster shot had the mildest side effects of the 3 for me.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Balisong View Post
    Do you have any experience with Exparel? The surgeons where I work are having good luck with it and using it on a variety of cases from hernias to gastric sleeves to anal hemorrhoid stuff. I only work inside the OR but they say their patients need far less meds/narcs after. Also doing a lot of blocks on ortho stuff and seeing more and more tap blocks for some general surgeries.
    I had four wisdom teeth and a molar extracted a couple years ago. After surgery I think I may have taken an ibuprofen or two on day four. I couldn't have been happier with the Exparel.

My cousin is a labor and delivery nurse and they use it for C sections. She said they've had a lot of success with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    The purpose of my earlier post was to shock you. Now that I have your attention, consider the fact that you just came onto a public forum and described abusing a prescription narcotic by taking it for purposes other than for which it was prescribed. We call that self-medicating and it’s often an early sign that there is a problem. "
    I wasn't abusing it, I was taking it the for serious body pain and killer headaches that I encountered as side effects for the Covid Vaccine--or from the vaccine was creating the reaction it was supposed to in my body. I see it as a positive. The day after taking the third dose I woke from a nap in worse pain than I remember having from a sickness and had to take a hydrocodone. I'm glad I had the medicine available. If that is a small taste of what someone could experience from covid, I see that as a strong argument for getting vaccinated. As I've said, I seem to have experienced worse aftereffects from the vaccine than anyone I know, but strongly urge people to get their third dose.

When you wrote:

"You were able to resume a normal life on day 2. What the hell does that look like? A couple lines of cocaine off a stripper’s ass?"
    I wasn't sure if that line was an attempt at shock, sarcasm, humor, or that you somehow discovered why I got fired from my job as Hunter Biden's sobriety coach.

Bottom line, I suggest that you rid of all the left over opiates in your house and only take such medications for the original conditions for which they are prescribed. They aren’t helping you. I’d also inquire from your surgeon and anesthesiologist about opiate-sparing strategies ahead of any planned surgeries in your future. You might be surprised at how much they can help you.
    Negative. You don't know why I've been prescribed Tylenol 3 or hydrocodone and what ongoing conditions I have that flare up from time to time. They are useful to keep around for immediate use when needed, as was the case with the monster effects I experienced after the Covid vaccines. Regular Tylenol may suffice for lesser issues. As I have said ibuprofen and anti inflammatories are a no go for me because of an ulcer.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed L View Post
    I wasn't abusing it, I was taking it the for serious body pain and killer headaches that I encountered as side effects for the Covid Vaccine--or from the vaccine was creating the reaction it was supposed to in my body. I see it as a positive. The day after taking the third dose I woke from a nap in worse pain than I remember having from a sickness and had to take a hydrocodone. I'm glad I had the medicine available. If that is a small taste of what someone could experience from covid, I see that as a strong argument for getting vaccinated. As I've said, I seem to have experienced worse aftereffects from the vaccine than anyone I know, but strongly urge people to get their third dose.

When you wrote:

I wasn't sure if that line was an attempt at shock, sarcasm, humor, or that you somehow discovered why I got fired from my job as Hunter Biden's sobriety coach.

Negative. You don't know why I've been prescribed Tylenol 3 or hydrocodone and what ongoing conditions I have that flare up from time to time. They are useful to keep around for immediate use when needed, as was the case with the monster effects I experienced after the Covid vaccines. Regular Tylenol may suffice for lesser issues. As I have said ibuprofen and anti inflammatories are a no go for me because of an ulcer.
    Sounds good. The warranty on my advice is worth what you paid for it.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Sounds good. The warranty on my advice is worth what you paid for it.
    Nevertheless, I appreciate your contributions to the board — especially in the medical area.

Prescription narcotics are like a loaded gun that is left unattended. In a best-case scenario, they cause no harm, but... you never know.

Site Supporter
    Leftover narcotics= the Boone County mating call.

im strong, i can run faster than train

These two well done studies on vaccine and myocarditis risk will cause some reaction. I feel a bit validated in having been recommending J&J as a preferred option for young men for some time now. Of course, that one has hematologic concerns but those seem be very rare.

https://www.nejm.org/doi/10.1056/NEJMoa2109730

https://www.nejm.org/doi/10.1056/NEJMoa2110737

Booster report: 400 mg of ibuprofen got me through a decently intense tennis workout last night, and that was the last I felt like taking anything. My pro wasn't too complimentary of my intensity level though. Almost everyone at work has had reaction identical to that after the second dose.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    Leftover narcotics= the Boone County mating call.
    It's been a long day. I needed that laugh.

User Tag List