Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Broke my POM, what now?

Quote Originally Posted by scjbash View Post
    Sabre has a flip top model that's very similarly sized. I've carried one for a year or so and it's much better than the old style.

https://www.sabrered.com/pepper-spra...nd-finger-grip
    If only they had a pocket clip
    "The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    In general, the first thing you should do when you have a problem with any product (after alerting the internet ) is to contact the vendor or manufacturer. Having said that, and despite POM being the darling of social media influencers (that may or may not have a business or affiliate relationship with them), I’d recommend the use of the Sabre Red MK6 which has a proven history of being both effective and durable.

Of course, the MK6 is bigger, not as “metro” and harder to color coordinate with your purse and/or shoes.

Tom, the MK6 is all I've ever carried and I don't think it's hard to conceal. Then again, I'm a retired old fart who doesn't "dress up" much anymore.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Ooh thanks! I had the “come off ‘safety’ “ problem a few times, and didn’t know this existed. I don’t see any dimensions listed,I’m assuming it is basically the same size as the other compact models?

I found both styles in our key bowl.

Name:  0212202026.jpg
Views: 360
Size:  28.5 KB

Quote Originally Posted by scjbash View Post
    I found both styles in our key bowl.

Name:  0212202026.jpg
Views: 360
Size:  28.5 KB
    More size comparisons on the POM and flip top Sabre. The POM feels much smaller to me. I think it’s the G17/G19 difference, not much on paper but massively noticeable. I carry in my R front pocket, I am more quad dominant so my front pockets can get tight and print, this drives my preference on the smaller can

Name:  DBD786DA-BD14-48A9-AA82-B84F3AD5A658.jpg
Views: 343
Size:  21.0 KBName:  54680B31-80A3-48AC-9822-16ECDD318168.jpg
Views: 349
Size:  31.6 KBName:  2D833FA2-1405-4D0C-99A3-800049E212E3.jpg
Views: 350
Size:  50.8 KBName:  36022487-A1B9-4CD9-99ED-9737070DECC5.jpg
Views: 357
Size:  44.9 KBName:  E59304DE-242F-4CE4-B2CC-A24B8ED6DA0E.jpg
Views: 366
Size:  50.1 KB

I do like the very visible expiration date on the Sabre Red pic, above.

Not that it's a really reliable indicator, but it at least helps one remember about how old the dingus is!

(Over the decades, I've sometimes carried a given OC device for years after losing track of its packaging, and wondering if it still retained adequate pressure and potency, yet being reluctant to "spray-test" it for fear of losing some of same, and eventually just replacing it on principle.)
    "Therefore, since the world has still... Much good, but much less good than ill,
    And while the sun and moon endure, Luck's a chance, but trouble's sure,
    I'd face it as a wise man would, And train for ill and not for good." -- A.E. Housman

Quote Originally Posted by SAWBONES View Post

Not that it's a really reliable indicator, but it at least helps one remember about how old the dingus is!

(Over the decades, I've sometimes carried a given OC device for years after losing track of its packaging, and wondering if it still retained adequate pressure and potency, yet being reluctant to "spray-test" it for fear of losing some of same, and eventually just replacing it on principle.)
    Your better off treating it as a consumable. They should be test fired like once a month or so. I’ve seen cans get clogged up and I’ve also seen them lose pressurization without the carrier knowing it.

Jason

FYI: standard super glue (cyanoacrylate) does not adhere to the plastic on the POM case (yes, I tried)

:S
    "The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by SAWBONES View Post

That very visible expiration date isn't visible for long. The writing rubs off the sticker and the sticker rubs off the can. Since they're cheap I think buying a new one every year for your birthday is a good habit that solves the problem.

Student
    Here is a picture of my Mk. 6 which was given to me by John Murphy at his CC-ASAT last year in March. I've had it in my left front pocket every day.

Name:  IMG_20200213_1154421.jpg
Views: 350
Size:  41.7 KB

I vaguely recall the expiration year was later than 2020, but as said before, an annual replacement is an easy best practice.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    FYI: standard super glue (cyanoacrylate) does not adhere to the plastic on the POM case (yes, I tried)

:S
    Two-part epoxy will work.
    --Jason--

User Tag List