Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock MOS RDS install thread (What has worked for me)

We should sticky this one in the Red Dot forum.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Quote Originally Posted by RAM Engineer View Post
    Mods, can we get this moved to the "Red Dot" subforum and pinned, so this info doesn't get lost in the shuffle?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjolnir View Post
    Good information.

This should be a sticky.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Trukinjp13 View Post
    I second this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Paging @GJM
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

FWIW, I now have a hair over 4,000 documented rounds on one of my CHPWS v3 plates. It has not loosened in that time. My other plate is running well at exactly 1,300 rounds, but it doesn't get shot often (it's on my carry gun).

I torque to 15 inch/lbs and use Vibratite VC3 as recommended in this thread.

@ssb thanks for the update on your CHPWS V3 Plate. Mine is out for delivery, so I'll be installing tonight or tomorrow.

From what I've seen on YT, the back of the CHPWS V3 plate bag has installation instructions, stating 8 in lbs of torque for screws to attach plate to slide, and 6.5 in lbs torque for screws that attach RMR to the plate.

@NickDrak mentioned 14-15 in lbs for installing with factory MOS plate in his original post. Nick, did you use the recommended 8/6.5 numbers on your CHPWS plate, or go with the 15 used on the factory MOS steel plate?

Quote Originally Posted by StraitR View Post
    @ssb thanks for the update on your CHPWS V3 Plate. Mine is out for delivery, so I'll be installing tonight or tomorrow.

From what I've seen on YT, the back of the CHPWS V3 plate bag has installation instructions, stating 8 in lbs of torque for screws to attach plate to slide, and 6.5 in lbs torque for screws that attach RMR to the plate.

@NickDrak mentioned 14-15 in lbs for installing with factory MOS plate in his original post. Nick, did you use the recommended 8/6.5 numbers on your CHPWS plate, or go with the 15 used on the factory MOS steel plate?
    So while the C&H plate is superior to the factory MOS plates, the screws that are included (at least the last time I bought mine) were YFS screws from Taiwan. I always replace the factory screws with US made Torx Plus screws from NcMaster Carr. These M3 screws work on the C&H V3 plate, as well as the factory MOS plates: https://www.bigtexoutdoors.com/produ...ates-set-of-2/

I still recommend applying the Vibratite VC3 and using 15 ins/lbs of torque.

If you are running a Trijicon RMR on your C&H plate, get these Torx Plus 4-40 screws to mount the RMR to the C&H V3 plate: http://www.battlewerx.com/trijicon-r...3-8-torx-pair/
    Use 14 in/lbs of torque on the RMR screws.

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    Paging @GJM
    I don’t know how to move it, but will check with someone who does.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I don’t know how to move it, but will check with someone who does.
    Done.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by NickDrak View Post
    So while the C&H plate is superior to the factory MOS plates, the screws that are included (at least the last time I bought mine) were YFS screws from Taiwan. I always replace the factory screws with US made Torx Plus screws from NcMaster Carr. These M3 screws work on the C&H V3 plate, as well as the factory MOS plates: https://www.bigtexoutdoors.com/produ...ates-set-of-2/

I still recommend applying the Vibratite VC3 and using 15 ins/lbs of torque.

If you are running a Trijicon RMR on your C&H plate, get these Torx Plus 4-40 screws to mount the RMR to the C&H V3 plate: http://www.battlewerx.com/trijicon-r...3-8-torx-pair/
    Use 14 in/lbs of torque on the RMR screws.
    After receiving my CHPWS V3 plate and looking at the included hardware, I went ahead and ordered both sets of the above suggested screws.

Thanks

Sounds like Forward Controls Design is planning to release their OPF-G RMR next weekend. Steel MOS mounting plate for RMR/SRO, nitride finish, no sealing plate required, shipping with a tube of VC3 and Torx screws for mounting the plate to the slide and optic to the plate. Holosun version to follow. More prototype pics and info in this arfcom thread. Time will tell, but this checks all the right boxes and my impression is these guys have their act together. I'll be grabbing one of these plates to go with the 45 MOS and SRO I just picked up this week.

Prototype:
    Name:  prototype.jpg
Views: 1390
Size:  42.2 KB

Anyone know about the CHPWS V4 RMR MOS plate? They're having a sale on their V3 and curious if it's worth it to wait for the new version supposedly coming in April.

http://www.chpws.com/product/holosun...apter-plate-v3

User Tag List