Page 43 of 101 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393 ... LastLast

Thread: Spyderco fanboy thread

Quote Originally Posted by spyderco monkey View Post
    Spyderco just released pics of their upcoming Fred Perrin 'Subway Bowie' from BladeShow 2021.

It's a scaled down version of the existing Spyderco Street Beat.

Looks to be Clinch Pick sized, but for a conventional edge out (as opposed to edge in / reverse.) So useful for both stabbing muggers and more benign box opening / sandwich slicing.

Blade steel is the awesome, rust proof LC200N, so it can also be taken swimming / in the shower if you're about that shower shank lifestyle.

Did you get a glimpse of the sheath design? I dig it.
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

Quote Originally Posted by PNWTO View Post
    Did you get a glimpse of the sheath design? I dig it.
    I don't think the sheath was shown in the video, they only mentioned it would be a kydex sheath. Let's hope it is a streamlined minimalist design unlike some of Spyderco's rather large footprint kydex sheaths.

Spyderco just released pics of their upcoming Fred Perrin 'Subway Bowie' from BladeShow 2021.
    Was there any indication of price or release date? I might have to have one of those...

Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    Was there any indication of price or release date? I might have to have one of those...
    Unfortunately no mentions of any of those details in the video.

It's a scaled down version of the existing Spyderco Street Beat.

Looks to be Clinch Pick sized, but for a conventional edge out (as opposed to edge in / reverse.) So useful for both stabbing muggers and more benign box opening / sandwich slicing.

Blade steel is the awesome, rust proof LC200N, so it can also be taken swimming / in the shower if you're about that shower shank lifestyle.

that's pretty awesome. I've been thinking about picking up one of these, but as mentioned the sheath is a little obtrusive...
    https://www.spyderco.com/catalog/det...-FRN-Black/921

Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Spyderco fanboy thread

^^^That looks great except the blade is on backwards.

"You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

Goshdangit, I wish somebody would remake the Reverse with a completely straight wharncliffe edge, the short grip, and a high performance stainless steel.

I never bought a spyderco. I like the benchmade axis lock. I want to try a spyderco out and have no real knife stores local to me. Should I try a tenacious because it’s cheap? Or just go big and buy a PM2 or manic 2 since knives are much cheaper than guns?(keep in mind that I only had a griptilian since surfing this section of PF. Since then I’ve ordered another benchmade, a civivi elementun, and a Doug Ritter hogue all within the last two weeks lol)

Anyone converted from benchmade to spyderco and not missed the axis lock?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by noguns View Post
    I never bought a spyderco. I like the benchmade axis lock. I want to try a spyderco out and have no real knife stores local to me. Should I try a tenacious because it’s cheap? Or just go big and buy a PM2 or manic 2 since knives are much cheaper than guns?(keep in mind that I only had a griptilian since surfing this section of PF. Since then I’ve ordered another benchmade, a civivi elementun, and a Doug Ritter hogue all within the last two weeks lol)

Anyone converted from benchmade to spyderco and not missed the axis lock?
    Try a Manix lightweight with the ball bearing lock.
    --Jason--

Site Supporter
    I want to like Benchmade more, but if I had to pick just one brand, I think I'd go with Spyderco. I love the axis lock, but the Spydercos always feel better in hand to me. I had a Manix 2 for a while and it was awfully close to perfect. I gave it to a mover who was almost crushed by my gun safe. One day I'll replace it.

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk

User Tag List