Page 21 of 35 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: F150 Ecoboost owners, check in

Quote Originally Posted by Coal Train View Post
    I bet you drove it like it had a sport mode. ;-)
    Well...

I got pretty good at working on cars thanks to that piece of shit.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

One thing I forgot to mention is that my truck has the worst headlights of any vehicle I have ever owned. Hi-beams are fine but the low beams are like driving with a blindfold, particularly in the rain. I am eventually going to change mine.

Not sure if it is just my truck or these models in particular.

One thing I forgot to mention is that my truck has the worst headlights of any vehicle I have ever owned.
    I am content with my headlights (maybe my night vision has degraded to the point I have low expectations) but the backup lights are just lame. I will probably get one of those LED strips that go above the bumper.

One thing I forgot to mention is that my truck has the worst headlights of any vehicle I have ever owned. Hi-beams are fine but the low beams are like driving with a blindfold, particularly in the rain. I am eventually going to change mine.

I agree. The headlights on my wife's F150 are horrible at night.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    My Ram's headlights were subpar from the factory. I upgraded the bulbs and aimed the driver's side up a little bit. Remember these trucks are designed with a load in mind, so if you're running empty your lights are pointed lower then is optimal so that you aren't searching for enemy bombers when the rear is squat with a load.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by andre3k View Post
    I agree. The headlights on my wife's F150 are horrible at night.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    My Ram's headlights were subpar from the factory. I upgraded the bulbs and aimed the driver's side up a little bit. Remember these trucks are designed with a load in mind, so if you're running empty your lights are pointed lower then is optimal so that you aren't searching for enemy bombers when the rear is squat with a load.
    Mine seemed ok last night, and I was specifically paying attention, because after The Unfortunate Incident Where Lester Broke a Ball Joint While Elk Scouting 22 Miles Inside The National Forest, my 2001s headlights would randomly unaim themselves and point in random directions.

Why did I keep that truck so long?
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    Traded in the 2001 last night for a 2017 3.5L SuperCrew XLT, with FX4, tow package, 36 gal tank and various other goodies. Color is "Mid-Life Crisis Metallic Red" so this is the first attractive vehicle I've ever owned.

I was vicariously prepared for a different driving experience, but good grief this thing is going to be difficult to drive like an adult.

Once I settled down a little and turned on the cruise control, we got 21 MPG on the 60 mile trip back home on the highway. That's according to the vehicle computer, and no cargo but my daughter's bag of books, but even if it's off by 10% to 15%, it's still a huge improvement over my 2001.

ETA: This is "pistol-forum" and not "truck-forum," but this thread has been helpful. The signal to noise ratio is much better than the various F150 and truck related forums, which very much remind me of GlockTalk. Thanks!
    Congrats and told ya so

I just got 20MPG with wife, two kids, luggage, and a German Shepherd at 78-80ish to Wyoming.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    Remember these trucks are designed with a load in mind, so if you're running empty your lights are pointed lower then is optimal so that you aren't searching for enemy bombers when the rear is squat with a load.
    Agreed. But mine are equally terrible with or without a load.

We have a 2018 F150, I think the base trim, or maybe one up, I forget. But definitely not one of the upscale trim levels. The low beams seem fine to me, but FWIW there are also fog lights. When I can remember the switchology to turn them on, they add a lot of light. YMMV.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Congrats and told ya so

I just got 20MPG with wife, two kids, luggage, and a German Shepherd at 78-80ish to Wyoming.
    I have the wife and the GSD, but just one kid.

Over the last couple of years it has become increasingly ridiculous for me to drive a 2001 truck. We had a family crossover that was the “nice” vehicle, and I tooled around the national forest hunting and woodsbumming in the truck and went to Home Depot and stuff. It was only a family vehicle during inclement weather and such, as most of our family hiking and backpacking trips were accessible via the crossover.

I am notorious for using shit until it is plumb wore out. My wife throws away my clothes sometimes when Im not looking, I think. But I can probably retire at 58, so there is that.

But when we got the trailer suddenly I was tooling down the Interstate with family in a really ancient vehicle. Since the inside of this truck turns into a giant marshmallow in a crash, that made it worth it. Now I can enjoy our family vacations without worrying if a 20 year old truck is going to shit the bed and leave me stranded with my family and a camp trailer.

So yeah, I am glad I did it.

User Tag List