Page 378 of 679 FirstFirst ... 278328368376377378379380388428478 ... LastLast
Results 3,771 to 3,780 of 6787

Thread: Beretta 1301 Tactical

I'm looking forward to the nordic at some point.

I noticed my gun is only holding 4+1 instead of 5+1 with 2 3/4" shells. I removed the block rods, but seems like I'm not getting full capacity. Anyone dealt with this?

Quote Originally Posted by Cory View Post
    I'm looking forward to the nordic at some point.

I noticed my gun is only holding 4+1 instead of 5+1 with 2 3/4" shells. I removed the block rods, but seems like I'm not getting full capacity. Anyone dealt with this?
    If you’re using shells with a roll crimp that is fairly normal. There’s so much variability in shotgun shell length I view listed capacity as a suggestion.

Even mine with a Nordic extension only holds 6. I can stuff a 7th in but it is extremely tight, when I hit the ejector there’s a delay before it spits a shell onto the carrier.

Quote Originally Posted by NPV View Post
    If you’re using shells with a roll crimp that is fairly normal. There’s so much variability in shotgun shell length I view listed capacity as a suggestion.

Even mine with a Nordic extension only holds 6. I can stuff a 7th in but it is extremely tight, when I hit the ejector there’s a delay before it spits a shell onto the carrier.
    Odd. I was using Federal flight control 9 pellet 00 buck. A shell that many have used 5+1.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Cory View Post
    Odd. I was using Federal flight control 9 pellet 00 buck. A shell that many have used 5+1.
    I seem to remember a black plastic cylinder that clicks into the end of the magazine to retain the spring when the large metal retaining “nut” (the stock thing at the end of the tubular magazine) is removed. It has to be removed to add a magazine extension. But as I removed it, it was obvious that it reduced both the length of the mag tube, and the diameter in the last inch or so.
    I have a vague recollection that other users reported needing to remove it to get five shells into even a stock length magazine.
    I’d like to be helpful and post a picture of the part, but I am on the road, I won’t be home for several days.
    Hope this helps some, though.

I just picked up a 1301T from FunBroker and wanted to give it a go before the storm closed the range. It was pretty impromptu and I was trying to beat the storm so I just grabbed an ammo can full of assorted 12 ga shells that I've accumulated. If nothing else, it would allow me to test the reliability with different loads, from the cheapest and lightest field loads through high-base duck loads, buck, and slug. I found that the 1301 is as-advertised reliable. It gobbled everything up without a hitch. I have a Benelli M1S90 that I was comparing it to in my mind. I love my Benelli--I'm definitely impressed with the 1301. I appreciate the light weight and shorter length of pull. My M1S90 has a pistol grip stock that I really like, but I didn't see to miss it.

It cycles fast, but I don't know that it could tell it as being faster than my M1, which is also extremely fast. I love the ghost-ring sights (my M1 has rifle sights). I look forward to shooting it some more. It recoils like a 6.5lb shotgun will, but somewhat less than the Benelli. 3" slugs off the bench definitely ring the bell a bit. When I opened the shotgun case I found a plastic "plug" there next to the shotgun, so I was surprised when I got to the range and found that it would only load 2+1. Apparently I'll have two plugs.

I didn't fiddle with the sights but found that slugs are impacting left. Not a surprise that 50 yds is too far for 00B, but it's pretty devastating @ 10 yds. Looking forward to getting more trigger time.

Name:  IMG_5558.jpg
Views: 1199
Size:  47.0 KB Name:  IMG_7A7D311514AD-1.jpg
Views: 1152
Size:  36.0 KB Name:  IMG_5555.jpg
Views: 1159
Size:  30.6 KBName:  IMG_5556.jpg
Views: 1188
Size:  31.5 KB
    Last edited by dogcaller; 03-13-2021 at 06:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Det1397 View Post
    Aridus addresses the situation with the Magpul handguard here: https://www.aridusindustries.com/products/1301hga-blk/

I also think there’s information included with the handguard...
    Thanks for info.

Don't think I got that info included in my shotgun, though. (Already had the handguard installed.0

Quote Originally Posted by vaglocker View Post
    Same here as of now i have now use for it.
    So how are you connecting a sling? Or are you just not using one ...

Came home from vacation to some Aridus goodies! Now just waiting on the Aridus forend in-stock notification! Has anyone flipped the safety to the left side on there’s? Planning on doing that today and I’m wondering if there are any helpful tips. TIA
    Name:  E5DAC3B8-2A06-43FF-A469-C5D451412408.jpg
Views: 1592
Size:  47.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Det1397 View Post
    Aridus addresses the situation with the Magpul handguard here: https://www.aridusindustries.com/products/1301hga-blk/

I also think there’s information included with the handguard...
    I ended up going back to the OEM handguard after trying the Aridus/Magpul solution. The QD mount position was good, but the QD and light don't feel very solid. The plastic Magpul handguard feels flimsy and flexes at the attachment points. I like the ergos and feel of the OEM handguard better.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by 23JAZ View Post
    Has anyone flipped the safety to the left side on there’s? Planning on doing that today and I’m wondering if there are any helpful tips.
    I switched mine to lefty for a short time, but eventually switched it back and trained through it.
    I've got several other long guns with right handed safeties and didn't want to get mixed up "in the moment".
    This was the video I used to help me with the 1301 safety reversal:

Is the boy you were proud of the man you are?

Fimbo iliyo mkononi, ndio iuwayo nyoka!

User Tag List