Page 165 of 241 FirstFirst ... 65115155163164165166167175215 ... LastLast
Results 1,641 to 1,650 of 2409

Thread: Sippin' Bourbon

Quote Originally Posted by KeeFus View Post
    My number 3.

It’s a sure thing here that when Buffalo Trace hits the local store it’ll be gone in a day or two. Then another two month wait...
    I've been really bummed that my local places have stopped carrying Buffalo Trace's White Dog Mash #1. I loved that stuff as a little taste of home, and even developed a cocktail for it.

Matt Haught
    SYMTAC Consulting LLC
    https://sym-tac.com

You guys can keep the Blanton's and Buffalo Trace, I'm still trying to resupply my Weller 107, Henry McKenna 10, and Pikesville Rye stashes.

Quote Originally Posted by O4L View Post
    You guys can keep the Blanton's and Buffalo Trace, I'm still trying to resupply my Weller 107, Henry McKenna 10, and Pikesville Rye stashes.
    Just about any Weller is unobtanium around here. When I find I’m buying.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by O4L View Post
    I prefer the 12 to the 107, but not by much... both awesome. #12 is #1 for me

I need to try the Pikesville Rye next time I see it. You're not the first person I've heard rave about it.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Day started kinda rough for me. Took a vehicle for maintenance and while I waited (in Raleigh) I googled where the closest ABC store was. I was within 5 miles of 3...I just needed to get my vehicle back and be at one by 10:00.

9:45 I’m on my way. Went to Wake Forest just off US 1...nothing...then one by Triangle Town...”yesterday” they said...even had the damn sign still up. Then to Sandy Forks Rd...”yesterday “. Hit two more on the way home...zilch.

Decided to stop by one in Johnston that I frequent about once a week and low and behold...there sat the delivery van. When I asked for Blanton's the lady went to her boss and told him I wanted a bottle. He went back and brought out the whole case (of 6) and I scored the first one out the case! Called a buddy and told him to get his ass in gear and get to this store...he lives 10 minutes away...sold out within 15 minutes.

Went to another closer to my house and they had it at 10:00...sold out in 10 minutes.

So, 7 ABC store visits in about 2.5 hours to walk away with one bottle.

So, 7 ABC store visits in about 2.5 hours to walk away with one bottle.
    So...you don't have a problem with drinking. You only have a problem getting enough to drink...

There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    So...you don't have a problem with drinking. You only have a problem getting enough to drink...

I’ve got all the Blantons letters now...I need another hobby...

I don't even know what that means...or signifies.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I don't even know what that means...or signifies.

Each bottle top has a letter. Collect them all to spell B L A N T O N: S. You can get a barrel stave from Buffalo Trace for display.

This bottle top/cork has the letter N
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Site Supporter

So.... If I come across another Blanton's between now and when I head back south, you don't want to trade me a Stagg Jr for it? I much prefer the Stagg.

Will probably head to Richmond tomorrow for a few days of visiting. Maybe take the blue roads and make a few stops. Recommendations welcome.
    Last edited by RoyGBiv; 09-18-2020 at 02:07 PM.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

User Tag List