Page 18 of 37 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: Stoeger suspended from USPSA

Site Supporter
    Do highly competitive people also have super ego's? And then there's this old thing called emotional maturity(or immaturity). Let's not omit manners or lack of them. People really do have to make an effort to get along. It ain't easy. Here we do pretty good. I think we need a mod in charge of public relations. I nominate my good friend @Hambo for this task.

Stoeger suspended from USPSA

It’s not about egos. That’s all a distraction. The issue remains Board members who condone cheating, abuse power, mismanage funds, conceal documents, and now possibly harass female colleagues. Stoeger’s ego and dickish behavior are trivial by comparison. And he’s not employed by USPSA, so it’s a fallacy to think of it as “well they’re both at fault”.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Looks like we are now relitigating the firing of Kim Williams, the former USPSA Executive Director (back when we had one). At the time there was some controversy about potential embezzlement - practical.shooting.insights posted a memorandum from the USPSA's auditors who had investigated the credit card charges, and it seems to me like at the time there was a lot of poor accounting practices that made it hard to determine if some of the charges were legitimate business charges or not. Kim Williams did apparently use the card for personal expenses but also was able to provide proof that she reimbursed USPSA for those which in my experience is generally not an issue.

Apparently she later sued USPSA - don't have a lot of detail on that
    Last edited by Eyesquared; 08-08-2022 at 02:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyesquared View Post
    Looks like we are now relitigating the firing of Kim Williams, the former USPSA Executive Director (back when we had one). At the time there was some controversy about potential embezzlement - practical.shooting.insights posted a memorandum from the USPSA's auditors who had investigated the credit card charges, and it seems to me like at the time there was a lot of poor accounting practices that made it hard to determine if some of the charges were legitimate business charges or not. Kim Williams did apparently use the card for personal expenses but also was able to provide proof that she reimbursed USPSA for those which in my experience is generally not an issue.
    Incompetence and dishonesty are a terrible combination for board members. I've seen it on other boards as well.

If anyone on the USPSA BoD is reading this... if you care about USPSA, please resign. Nothing short of full turnover is going to put us on the long road back to a healthy organization.

See this IG post...
    Last edited by Clusterfrack; 08-08-2022 at 02:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Incompetence and dishonesty are a terrible combination for board members. I've seen it on other boards as well.

If anyone on the USPSA BoD is reading this... if you care about USPSA, please resign. Nothing short of full turnover is going to put us on the long road back to a healthy organization.

See this IG post...
    So, are we talking about USPSA or the NRA? Not a USPSA member, but by most accounts, one might think the leadership of both have been performing similarly "well" lately.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post

See this IG post...
    Wait how did this not get more attention when it happened? Where did this convo take place?

Quote Originally Posted by JCS View Post
    Wait how did this not get more attention when it happened? Where did this convo take place?
    No freaking idea. I'm guessing its part of a lawsuit?

This latest round of shenanigans re:Kim Williams is disappointing. I’m not an NRA member for much of the same reasons I’ve cited in this past about the leadership. Leaning towards voting with my feet on USPSA as well. Not that anyone at HQ cares, but I think for my sake I’ll write my Area Director and express my concerns.

The org can’t stay quiet with the new allegations and information coming out about Jake Martens selling lots of guns and ammo. The accusations are pretty serious and could result in some atf violations if true and seriously affect the org. So if he’s innocent and purchased everything with his own money they need to come out explicitly and say it.

Quote Originally Posted by JCS View Post
    The org can’t stay quiet with the new allegations and information coming out about Jake Martens selling lots of guns and ammo. The accusations are pretty serious and could result in some atf violations if true and seriously affect the org. So if he’s innocent and purchased everything with his own money they need to come out explicitly and say it.
    Sure doesn't look like he is innocent from the compounding evidence. The duplicity on Martens' part is starting to look pretty clear. But what about the complicity of the board? At best it's looking like they are complicit as part of this process. That alone should prompt the whole board to resign.

You run a shooting organization and cannot, nor should not, flaunt the law. Whether you agree with them or not, professionalism dictates that you don't flaunt the law. Of course, we've seen multiple times that the board has no concern for that - or - professionalism.

User Tag List