Page 22 of 96 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast

Thread: Holosun EPS & EPS Carry - Enclosed 407K/507K

@davisj

Here is an RMSx on a slide cut for a DPP.

Name:  D478F5EB-DF2B-4E0D-910A-13323F7B2C9F.jpg
Views: 1688
Size:  33.7 KB

I noticed on the Holosun product page there are eps carry models with the rear sight notch and ones without. If you were to mount this on a Hellcat or CR920 since those have rear sights would it be better to go with the optic without the rear sight channel? It seems like the one without it sits lower and has less interference if you were to try and co-witness.

With rear channel: https://holosun.com/index/product/detail/id/220.html
    Without rear channel: https://holosun.com/index/product/detail/id/215.html

Quote Originally Posted by coob5 View Post
    I noticed on the Holosun product page there are eps carry models with the rear sight notch and ones without. If you were to mount this on a Hellcat or CR920 since those have rear sights would it be better to go with the optic without the rear sight channel? It seems like the one without it sits lower and has less interference if you were to try and co-witness.

One without rear sight channel is meant for full sized guns and will overhang the small ones (may or may not be an issue for you)
    Last edited by G19Fan; 08-04-2022 at 10:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by coob5 View Post

The regular EPS and the EPS Carry use the same screw hole locations so they can both be mounted to any gun able to take the Shield RMSc/Holosun 507k footprint. The EPS is wider than the EPS Carry and more suited to regular double-stack thickness guns like a Glock 19 because it would have more overhang on the slide of a micro compact gun like a Hellcat or a Sig P365. The Carry is geared more towards the micro compact guns which is why it has the rear sight notch built in. Some of those guns lose their rear iron sights to mount an optic. The Carry should have minimal, if any, overhang with the micro guns.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    Can you take a picture of your cut? If there are no nubs then I think yes but you might want to confirm by measuring hole spacing with a caliper. There will be a gap though if it bothers you cosmetically.

Attachment 92422

This is an RMSx on a slide cut for a DPP.
    The slide is buried in my safe. When my EPS Carry arrives I’ll get the slide and see if the holes are aligned. Thanks for mentioning the possibility!

Quote Originally Posted by davisj View Post
    The slide is buried in my safe. When my EPS Carry arrives I’ll get the slide and see if the holes are aligned. Thanks for mentioning the possibility!
    On a slide cut for a Romeo3Max I had to Dremel down nubs.

Holes align but depending on nubs could be an issue.

Name:  6F90A5FA-A4BC-4F89-B99F-4EBE73855928.jpg
Views: 1090
Size:  38.0 KB

Name:  3E212B17-6907-4FA4-B85F-FCD47FF0E21F.jpg
Views: 1033
Size:  89.6 KB

Pardon if this has been answered but I don't recall seeing it...

What's the general consensus on how well the Auto-adjust works on these? I'm mainly curious to know if the technology has improved yet... I really want a dot that can self-adjust from bright sunlight to near-darkness incorporating a bright WML.

I'm getting ready to jump into the red dot game on my EDC G48, and the EPS Carry is at the top of my list for now.

I hope they prove to be rugged and reliable.

Now I just have to decide which dot option to go with.

Does anyone else wish they made a 32moa circle with a 6moa dot version?

Sent from my LM-Q720 using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by O4L View Post
    I'm getting ready to jump into the red dot game on my EDC G48, and the EPS Carry is at the top of my list for now.

I hope they prove to be rugged and reliable.

Now I just have to decide which dot option to go with.

Does anyone else wish they made a 32moa circle with a 6moa dot version?

Sent from my LM-Q720 using Tapatalk
    No. That would be way to cluttered.

Quote Originally Posted by GearFondler View Post
    Pardon if this has been answered but I don't recall seeing it...

What's the general consensus on how well the Auto-adjust works on these? I'm mainly curious to know if the technology has improved yet... I really want a dot that can self-adjust from bright sunlight to near-darkness incorporating a bright WML.
    Not sure about the EPS, but I don't believe the EPS Carry has auto, only manual and lock out.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List