Page 4 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm gonna make my own Stack-A-Toe, but better...with blackjack. And hookers.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    If I could add the safety to it I would have bought it already. Unfortunately from what I've seen the Pro series doesn't have the option. The 4.25" I used to have had the plugs that could be removed and the safety installed but my 5" Pro doesn't.
    On the older guns the non-safety frames have the serial number on the frame right where the plugs would be. I think they sold pro's with the old frames for quite some time with the old style frames. On the 2.0's to the best of my knowledge all the frames have the safety plugs there.
    Last edited by TCinVA; 08-05-2022 at 08:58 PM.
    3/15/2016

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    On the older guns the non-safety frames have the serial number on the frame right where the plugs would be. I think they sold pro's with the old frames for quite some time with the old style frames. On the 2.0's to the best of my knowledge all the frames have the safety plugs there.
    Several times I’ve thought about picking up a manual safety PD trade in just for the frame…
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    Several times I’ve thought about picking up a manual safety PD trade in just for the frame…
    I've seen some of those police trade-in guns going for $250. At that price it's tempting.
    3/15/2016

This thread is pretty awesome.

I also just want to point out that a few years ago, @Duke had already gone down the 2011 rabbit hole and went with a pretty similar M&P set up. He was absolutely destroying B8s with his M&Ps and was pretty vocal about them being a better mousetrap than the 2011 guns.

Site Supporter
    This thread is vindication; I said earlier this year that I was buying my 2.0 as a poor-mans 2011 and was properly chastised! I was thinking of dumping it as I’m not shooting it as well as I think I should be but you now have me thinking of investing in some Apex work.

Quote Originally Posted by TOTS View Post
    This thread is vindication; I said earlier this year that I was buying my 2.0 as a poor-mans 2011 and was properly chastised! I was thinking of dumping it as I’m not shooting it as well as I think I should be but you now have me thinking of investing in some Apex work.
    At the very least, after the work you'll no longer believe that the gun is the thing holding you back...
    3/15/2016

Site Supporter
    My 2.0 C 4" was a pretty good shooter out of the box,
    I had Primary machine cut the slide for a 507C with back
    up's front of the optic which I'm very happy with, then I
    put in a DAK Apex but after looking at the Apex chart
    decided to leave the factory trigger and safety springs in
    the gun, while it was apart I did a quick de burring
    (no polishing) of the surprisingly rough, stamped bar.
    The improvement of the trigger is quite impressive but,
    too light for my desired application, a consistent 3lb12oz
    to 3lb14oz without quite as a defined wall as I prefer...
    just personal preference, I'm going to put in the Apex
    trigger spring thinking that will get me to 4lb or a little
    above, I'm not ready to pull the optic off to swap the
    safety spring just yet.
    The gun's not in need of a barrel upgrade but will eventually
    get an Apex, it's a shooter.

Quote Originally Posted by Cory View Post
    This thread is pretty awesome.

I also just want to point out that a few years ago, @Duke had already gone down the 2011 rabbit hole and went with a pretty similar M&P set up. He was absolutely destroying B8s with his M&Ps and was pretty vocal about them being a better mousetrap than the 2011 guns.
    Kind words. But B8’s are pretty safe with me around.

Now you want a card spit at 70m or a match lit with a bullet - I’m your guy.

I don’t even carry a gun anymore so feel free to ignore me.

I’ve found M&ps to be easier to shoot with less trigger time than other platforms.

Sadly I’ve also found m&ps are more sensitive to recoil spring tension/barrel lock up than other guns.

The flattest m&p recoil wise is a 5” ported with an 11lb spring but it opens up the group to man size at 100 meters. That’s not so good. 13lb has been safe for me

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    I don’t even carry a gun anymore so feel free to ignore me.
    I find that surprising. Thanks for your thoughts on the M&Ps.

Quote Originally Posted by Cory View Post
    I find that surprising. Thanks for your thoughts on the M&Ps.
    Cancer, car wreck, heart disease. Those things get most people, gun/no gun…..not gunna help.

User Tag List