Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: To SBR or Not to SBR? That is the question.

Quote Originally Posted by GyroF-16 View Post
    Clearly an experienced AR pistol shooter.
    I guess it’s handy that her staff handed her a braced pistol, though.
    Well, a pistol until sometime in August.
    Is August still the date? Thought they were going to publish something in June and then have the rules take effect in August but haven't seen anything.

Quote Originally Posted by GyroF-16 View Post
    Clearly an experienced AR pistol shooter.
    I guess it’s handy that her staff handed her a braced pistol, though.
    Well, a pistol until sometime in August.
    Serious or sarcastic?
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Serious or sarcastic?
    Very sarcastic

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    Attachment 89027

Maybe not for an AR, but the MPX/MCX the stock options can be pretty short and slim.

Top two are braces and bottom is a stock.

There are even slimmer stocks but I still want a good cheek weld.
    Which stick on the bottom gun? PMM Kate Moss?

Quote Originally Posted by SouthNarc View Post
    Which stick on the bottom gun? PMM Kate Moss?
    It’s actually the Sig Fixed folder.

https://osagecountyguns.com/sig-saue...-fold-blk.html

Kate Moss is too skinny for me… I like mine with… a little more meat on their bones, lol.

I used adhesive foam pad to get a better cheek weld and I use it on competition guns it’s that usable.

Here it is on a Rattler that I barrel swapped to 9”

It’s actually the Sig Fixed folder.

https://osagecountyguns.com/sig-saue...-fold-blk.html

Kate Moss is too skinny for me… I like mine with… a little more meat on their bones, lol.

I used adhesive foam pad to get a better cheek weld and I use it on competition guns it’s that usable.

Here it is on a Rattler that I barrel swapped to 9”

Very cool!

Attachment 89027

There are even slimmer stocks but I still want a good cheek weld.
    Which of those barrels/calibers provides enough velocity at POI for the projo to perform as designed/intended at such extended ranges as to require all four points of contact?

I get WANTING a solid cheek weld. But it certainly isn’t necessary….. 2 decent points of contact easily enables quality hits inside the ranges designed for Close Quarters or PDW roles.
    You can get much more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.

My inferior ass ends on my Sig’s……. Cheek weld, no cheek weld, the only misses come from the nut behind the trigger needing adjustment………… NOT the fact that my gun has an item with a different legal and regulatory meaning than another…..

Name:  E3A956E6-E6FF-4E24-85C1-E00492723AF0.jpg
Views: 257
Size:  88.5 KB
    You can get much more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Giving Back View Post
    I get WANTING a solid cheek weld. But it certainly isn’t necessary….. 2 decent points of contact easily enables quality hits inside the ranges designed for Close Quarters or PDW roles.
    I’m not sure your background or your skill level.

“Good enough” isn’t “good enough” for me.

The issue isn’t the range, it’s the accuracy at speed.

Just like some people think hitting man sized targets with a pistol at 7 yards is “good enough,” I prefer to be able to draw and hit a small target very quickly at 7 yards so it gives me margin for moving things.

For example, at self defense ranges with a pistol (7 yards) on 1-3” targets.

Shot cold:

You telling me I don’t need a stock is like saying I don’t need to shoot with two hands within 7 yards.

Sure I don’t “need” to shoot with both hands, but I’m more effective and would like that option.

To me, I am a better shot at speed with a stock than a brace. It’s no contest. So why wouldn’t I want that option if it doesn’t add much more bulk or weight?

If you can do this kind of performance with a brace, I’m impressed. Middle cardboard target is a 2 alpha on the eye box. Right cardboard was 2 alpha on a partial A zone exposed and left target two alpha on an open target. Poppers are 6 inches.

If you can do it with 2 points of contact I’m even more impressed.

That’s an 8” MPX with the Sig folding stock in the video.

I like the Sig braces when I shot mine before the SBR came through, but I’m faster and more accurate at self defense distances when I get a cheek weld.

If I had to take a confident head shot on an intruder in my house to prevent my family from getting hurt, I want all the advantages I can get at speed.
    Last edited by JCN; 07-14-2022 at 04:29 AM.

I’m not sure your background or your skill level.
    Well that's... awkward.

“Good enough” isn’t “good enough” for me.
    By definition it is, though. Otherwise it wouldn't be good enough now would it. You can certainly want more, but that doesn't change the fact of whether or not you actually need it.

There's nothing wrong with wanting it all or wanting an arbitrarily high level of performance. Fixating on the timer can be helpful for improvement, but it can also be myopic. There are a ton of other variables in play unrelated to the gun.

When the BTDT crowd are saying "bro... bro... XYZ is enough" you can probably safely put a pin in the brace/stock/timer and focus on something else. Be it cardio, ecqc, psychology and people watching, whatever. That's not to say you have to. I like seeing just how fast a GM can go. But once the match is over and the stages are torn down you're probably way over 100% of what you need for the drive home. At least when it comes to the technical aspect of shooting.

User Tag List