Page 16 of 30 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: Semi-Auto Triggers: market trends, choices, and consequences

Quote Originally Posted by Mjolnir View Post
    I think we need to narrow the scope or we will go round and round each other.

We have to make some assumptions to narrow the scope.

Skill Level needs to be more "average" AS COMPARED HERE. I cannot and will not attempt to speak to those who have a pistol but low IQ and EQ and no interest or attention span. No "thing" is safe in their hands or around them.

A mistake is a mistake and when executed at full speed or with enough in attention to detail there is an ND.

We cannot cover those.

What I can discuss is a "momentary lapse of reason" with the emphasis on MOMENTARY.

Then, IMHO, longer stroke, heavier trigger weights will be inherently "safer" than short stroke, lighter trigger weights.

I don't think one can argue (effectively) against that.

1911s? I still *FEEL* they are the safest - or CAN BE. They are not for the modern beginner. But then should a Glock, PPQ or VP9? Not so sure though it's done every day. And though there are NDs we aren't unheard of.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you mean me, I don't think we are talking around each other. I just don't agree with your assumptions. Which of course is okay.
    What you do right before you know you're going to be in a use of force incident, often determines the outcome of that use of force.

Quote Originally Posted by JustOneGun View Post
    And you are correct. That is one of the legitimate reasons gov and companies don't keep intricate stats. But they do keep basic stats looking for the trends. Those absolutely are essential. So when a department transitions from one handgun system to another and all of a sudden there is a spike in bad shoots we know something is wrong. We need to fix it. It doesn't tell us the gun is evil or bad or the transition equated to a failure to train. But it does tell us we better start looking for what it might be.
    The spike in "bad shoots" may not have anything to do with the gun model changing. Perhaps the number of attacks against persons that year went up across the board, so attacks against officers - and thus UOF incidents- increased proportionally. We can't look at the accident rate of Municpal Agency X, add it up with Muncipal Agency Y and decided both switching to striker fired duty pistols is part of the cause.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

Quote Originally Posted by GardoneVT View Post
    The spike in "bad shoots" may not have anything to do with the gun model changing. Perhaps the number of attacks against persons that year went up across the board, so attacks against officers - and thus UOF incidents- increased proportionally. We can't look at the accident rate of Municpal Agency X, add it up with Muncipal Agency Y and decided both switching to striker fired duty pistols is part of the cause.

Absolutely. The change indicates just that a change that is unexpected. When we look at the possible reasons we can get clues as to why. Could be explainable and nothing to get excited about? Sure. In that case we might just track it until we can see something emerge. All I was indicating was that we could spend thousands on personal and stat tracking and we will usually come up with the same thing, a trend.
    What you do right before you know you're going to be in a use of force incident, often determines the outcome of that use of force.

Um yeah, I don't like your post Ernest Langdon. What informs your audacity to blame the gun community for Sigs failure to properly test their design?

I'm quite honestly tired of being lectured by the elitist firearms instructor industry.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    You know, you can add him, or anyone else for that matter, to your ignore list and their "lectures" will completely stop.

You are absolutely correct. Every forum has a celebrity they placate to.

Quote Originally Posted by PNWTO View Post
    Having watched a few clearing barrels get killed I would say the fault is in general education of the manual of arms. IME, on a base where Condition 3 pistols were allowed, the following happened:

1. Servicemember, usually an officer (sorry not sorry #truth), would draw their C3 M9.

2. Servicemember would do a hasty visual chamber check while racking the slide.

3. Servicemember would then drop the magazine.

4. Servicemember would then present the muzzle into the barrel and drop the hammer.

5. Bang.
    I just have to ask...why would it be necessary to press the trigger at the clearing barrel?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    I doubt I'll be able to do for the SD9 what EL did for the PX4, but I'll try.

The SD9 is 100% SCD-able with a Glock-style drop-in SCD. I can't comment on future products and availability, but I will say that I own 4 or 5 SD9s.

ETA: HOLY FUCKING SHIT!!

Attachment 18971

That's a current Glock SCD on a SD9. The fit is not perfect, but it locks into place, works, and demonstrates that with only minimal modification a SD9/40 SCD is possible.
    That post is going to cost me some money, maybe. I had a .40 a few years ago. Nicely made, did not mind anything about it except the caliber.

I just read through all 17 pages of this topic as well as the related topic that DB started. Really starting to think about a Beretta PX4 compact right about now.

Quote Originally Posted by Beat Trash View Post
    I just read through all 17 pages of this topic as well as the related topic that DB started. Really starting to think about a Beretta PX4 compact right about now.

Buddy of mine ordered one yesterday, there's some deals out there to be had. I'm kinda responsible, cause he shot mine and loved it. It really is a heck of a little pistol.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Redhat View Post
    I just have to ask...why would it be necessary to press the trigger at the clearing barrel?
    SOP. IOW, they have to.

User Tag List