Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: The Implications for SIG SAUER

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by SamAdams View Post
    Well, it could be worse. Coulda recommended a P320 and SERPA holster combo
    Painful derp level, that.

Seen the P320 discussed on FB and one other forum. The level of derp is mind boggling. Even after the "voluntary upgrade" was announced probably 2/3rds of the comments are along the lines of "Don't drop your gun. I'm not worried, I'm still carrying mine. This whole thing is blown way out of proportion. If there actually is a problemSig will take care of us." Edward Snowden could release documents proving Sig maliciously sold guns that fire unintentionally because the company is run by evil comic book villains and most gun owners would still bury their head in the sand and claim it was all way over hyped or a conspiracy from Glock. Sig is going to come out of this smelling like roses.

Who wants to start a new country with me? The only gun control will be directed at companies that make shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    Painful derp level, that.
    Based on a true story....somewhere in America.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

Quote Originally Posted by GardoneVT View Post
    Bottom line ,Sig Sauer's shareholders lose money from a recall. They don't lose money from innocent customers perforating themselves with an unsafe gun.
    I posed that idea to a very senior risk management friend (and attorney) who knows nothing about the gun industry, so I explained and she just laughed "of course'. Their insurance company (wondering who) is on the hook for the liability and if there are not thousands who have been injured, they would simply be spending their scarce working capital on a recall. Of course at the cost of some level of market reputation, and that is probably where some of the calculation lies for them.

I had not thought of that angle but she said it happens all the time with product defect liability cases. Don't fix it, pin the lawsuits on your carrier, protect your cash, and create confusion about the problem to the market.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post
    Seen the P320 discussed on FB and one other forum. The level of derp is mind boggling. Even after the "voluntary upgrade" was announced probably 2/3rds of the comments are along the lines of "Don't drop your gun. I'm not worried, I'm still carrying mine. This whole thing is blown way out of proportion. If there actually is a problemSig will take care of us." Edward Snowden could release documents proving Sig maliciously sold guns that fire unintentionally because the company is run by evil comic book villains and most gun owners would still bury their head in the sand and claim it was all way over hyped or a conspiracy from Glock. Sig is going to come out of this smelling like roses.

Who wants to start a new country with me? The only gun control will be directed at companies that make shit.
    If it makes you feel any better, I'm somewhat proud of my local shooting community. The first that my friendly LGS heard of all this was when I mentioned it earlier this week and suggested a quick trip to google, and the owner and counter guys all thanked me for the tip when I wandered in yesterday at close. Moreover, the range I shoot at most is fully appraised, and I actually overheard one sales guy telling a gun-shopping customer "the P320 is a great gun, and I really like it, but you should hold off until we know when the fix will be in place..." after giving a mostly accurate overview of the issue. (One of the dudes at the same range was in my recent ECQC class group, as well.)

Nobody is perfect, but for the most part, the guns all point the way they need to at both the LG shop and the range, and *everyone* behind all the counters sees the issue documented in the videos that have viraled up. There are worse places to live than where I ended up, evidently.
    Last edited by Totem Polar; 08-12-2017 at 12:19 PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by SamAdams View Post
    Well, it could be worse. Coulda recommended a P320 and SERPA holster combo
    I'm not an idiot. I recommend a P320 and the cheapest IWB nylon holster they can find, with loose plastic clips. No problem if it comes out with the gun and flies across the range - all modern holsters are drop-safe. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post

It is horrific. I just saw Chuck Warner comment on Facebook asking why there is no outrage people drop guns on par with Sig outrage.

I'm more disappointed than ever seeing some of the personalities blocking for Sig on FB or other forums.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Vending Machine Operator
    I have 5 Sigs. 226 (x2), 229, 220, and an old West German P6. The 220 is the only one I've bought new. I've been lucky and my Sigs are all sound guns. Though my 226 .357 SIG did choke on me a few times.

I think I'm probably going to be done giving Sig money for a few years. Companies like Beretta are getting so open to what consumers actually want that I have 3 on layaway now. Companies like Glock are so dedicated to fast service and cheap replacement parts I now I have a full 17/18/26/43 carry suite that has made my home defense and carry plan a breeze.

I just can't see a place for Sig in my purchasing future, when that 500-1000 can buy a gun from a more ethically run company that is more focused on good guns than marketing. Or at least equally focused.

I would genuinely rather have a Ruger SR9E than a P320. Ruger is a cheaper gun but they own their issues early and aggressively transparently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

You have a G18 in your carry suite? That's pretty sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by modrecoil View Post
    I'm not an idiot. I recommend a P320 and the cheapest IWB nylon holster they can find, with loose plastic clips. No problem if it comes out with the gun and flies across the range - all modern holsters are drop-safe. :P
    And the boolit lickers cried.

[emoji38][emoji41][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Tag List