Page 312 of 803 FirstFirst ... 212262302310311312313314322362412 ... LastLast
Results 3,111 to 3,120 of 8026

Thread: Shooting incidents in the news.

This may belong in the LE forum, but I wasn't sure: Deputies in Pierce County shoot, kill man after he charges at them with chain saw | The Seattle Times

A man was shot and killed Tuesday morning by sheriff’s deputies in Graham, Pierce County, after he charged them while holding a running chain saw, authorities said.

A report posted to the Pierce County Sheriff’s Department’s Facebook page says the incident began about 7:15 a.m., when a woman dialed 911 to report that her son, who she said had previously assaulted herself and her husband, had arrived at their home armed with a chain saw and was refusing to leave.

The 36-year-old suspect refused to put down the chain saw after being confronted by deputies, the department said. The deputies used a Taser on the suspect, who fell to the ground, the post said. He then returned to his feet and charged at them with the running chain saw, according to the post.

That’s when deputies fired, the department said. The suspect died at the scene.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Site Supporter
    1) does OK not have castle Doctrine ?

2) Any idea why they arrested her? A 31 year old man sneaking into your 16 year old daughters bedroom seems a compelling justification.

Oklahoma mom arrested after shooting 31-year-old man she found in 16-year-old daughter’s bedroom

PAOLI, Okla. - An Oklahoma mom was arrested Monday morning, after police said she shot a man she found in her 16-year-old daughter's bedroom.

Police arrested 34-year-old Valerie Fowler for assault and battery with a deadly weapon.
    "The woman called around 7:20 a.m. to report that she shot a male inside her house," Rhodes said.

Investigators said that woman was Fowler.

Police investigated and determined the shooting happened inside her home.

They also found a gun inside.

The male victim is not being identified at this time.

"He was treated at the scene and transported to an Oklahoma City hospital by medical helicopter," Rhodes said. "His injuries were non life threatening. It did appear to the chief and I that he suffered a gunshot wound to an extremity. "

Paoli police are leading the investigation and said they are working to determine what led up to the shooting.

Police are not saying if the mom knew the man she shot and said they are investigating their exact relationship.
    http://kfor.com/2016/08/29/oklahoma-...hters-bedroom/

According to the arrest affidavit, the victim told investigators that Valerie Fowler shot him in his girlfriend’s bedroom. The report states that he was shot twice and was airlifted to an Oklahoma City hospital for treatment.

At that point, investigators went to Fowler’s home after she called 911.

“The woman called around 7:20 a.m. to report that she shot a male inside her house,” Rhodes said.

Authorities then spoke with Fowler’s daughter. According to the arrest affidavit, she told police that the victim comes over at least three times a week after her mother leaves for work.

On that day, she said that they were in bed kissing when Fowler kicked in the bedroom door.

The girl said that she jumped out of bed, which is when Fowler allegedly fired a gun at the victim as he was trying to get out of the bed.

The girl also told investigators that Fowler fired a second round at the victim while he was walking down the hallway to the front door.

Police arrested 34-year-old Valerie Fowler for assault and battery with a deadly weapon.
    http://kfor.com/2016/08/30/new-detai...sing-daughter/
    Last edited by HCM; 08-31-2016 at 09:51 PM.

31 year old in teen daughter's room........will wish they got shot
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Quote Originally Posted by nyeti View Post
    31 year old in teen daughter's room........will wish they got shot
    Yep. I think the mother showed remarkable restraint only firing twice.

balls and penis hanging from the wall, tacked up by a nail gun would be appropriate. just sayin'.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Site Supporter
    Age of consent in OK is 16.

"Boyfriend" was not committing a crime, it seems.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Range1 View Post
    Yep. I think the mother showed remarkable restraint only firing twice.
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post

Yeah, and either way, definitely not committing a crime that would justify the use of lethal force...

Dude is a creeper and his "girlfriend" needs many lessons in good decision making, but being crippled for life is an awful price to pay for that kind of mistake... If he was airlifted to UO Hospital he probably was having a really bad day.

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post

OK age of consent at 16 is limited to +2.
    16+2 doesn't equal 31...
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    Yeah, and either way, definitely not committing a crime that would justify the use of lethal force...

Dude is a creeper and his "girlfriend" needs many lessons in good decision making, but being crippled for life is an awful price to pay for that kind of mistake... If he was airlifted to UO Hospital he probably was having a really bad day.
    Yep, lethal force with a firearm is probably a bit much. I think mace would be better........
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nyeti View Post
    Yep, lethal force with a firearm is probably a bit much. I think mace would be better........
    I like the morning star in the center.

User Tag List