Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Carrying and caring for the PDW

The great thing about a Rattler in a 26L GR1, is it fits in the rear internal pocket, allowing you to use the rest of the pack for what you would normally carry in a pack.

Name:  22B282E4-77C1-4043-8F81-D427579AACF9.jpg
Views: 912
Size:  39.1 KB

Name:  0CE87C07-5452-4781-A121-79A5D40D0FF1.jpg
Views: 928
Size:  50.1 KB

Name:  393FD27A-BF03-4DA4-B6DF-A5B3013DD552.jpg
Views: 942
Size:  42.2 KB
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

GJM, love the USGI 20s.

I just picked up some Lancer 20s on the advice of LL and others. Great mags, but the old school aluminum seems smaller and handier.

Quote Originally Posted by vandal View Post
    Vertx Ready Pack 2.0 hike today with the missus and daughter. 16lb pack with the contents below.

A little over 3 miles. 670ft gain. I did not use the chest or waist strap. No complaints.

So is the royal blue thing a stuff sack for your radio / gear or your Covid face covering?

I find my Gamut is not as comfortable as a real hiking pack but in an urban / suburban setting it will fit in well, maybe better than Mystery Ranch.

Quote Originally Posted by Norville View Post
    So is the royal blue thing a stuff sack for your radio / gear or your Covid face covering?
    Face covering. Only about 1/8 people we passed on the trail were wearing them.

Site Supporter
    @GJM @HCM @Wayne Dobbs @ASH556 @SouthNarc or anybody else.

Do any of ya’ll remember the offset iron sights that were fairly popular during the early 2000’s that were basically a simplified PPC revolver rail with pistol style sites? Those seem like they might be a an interesting alternative to BUIS on a gun of this size and the ranges it would most likely be used at. The one negative I might could think of would be interference with the bag since they mount on a 45* angle.

ETA: I just found this thread started by Ash where we already went down this road two years ago and I already forgot about it. https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....nsition-Sights
    Last edited by Caballoflaco; 05-19-2020 at 05:31 PM.

Site Supporter
    In reference to my above post I can’t believe I forgot to tag our forum’s 3gun guru and champ @P.E. Kelley

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Norville View Post
    GJM, love the USGI 20s.

I just picked up some Lancer 20s on the advice of LL and others. Great mags, but the old school aluminum seems smaller and handier.
    I just got 5 of the 20 round Lancers today. I agree the old GI 20 rounders are nice

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    20-rd GI mags. Okay seem to be liked for 30 rounders. I have some 30 and 20 in my stash, but haven't put a ton of rounds through either yet.

https://gun.deals/search/apachesolr_search/853289006108
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Grey Man Tactical is having a Memorial Day 25% off sale. Their rigid multi-purpose panels and rubber weapon holders are a great solution for carrying the weight and stabilizing PDWs in any pack. See @underhook pics.

25% off makes the products somewhat reasonable. Just ordered a second panel from them. I have no relationship with them but like their products.

Quote Originally Posted by vandal View Post
    Grey Man Tactical is having a Memorial Day 25% off sale. Their rigid multi-purpose panels and rubber weapon holders are a great solution for carrying the weight and stabilizing PDWs in any pack. See @underhook pics.

25% off makes the products somewhat reasonable. Just ordered a second panel from them. I have no relationship with them but like their products.
    Definitely ordering a panel.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

User Tag List