Page 319 of 678 FirstFirst ... 219269309317318319320321329369419 ... LastLast
Results 3,181 to 3,190 of 6771

Thread: Beretta 1301 Tactical

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by PGT View Post
    correct. only part that needs to move is that plastic piece on the original barrel. I might see if I can order a spare so as to make swaps quicker still.
    @e_stern pointed out that this is the plastic part needed if you get a different barrel for your 1301 Tac and want to swap them easily:

Beretta 1301 Tac Forend Bushing Spacer
    Code: C5F172

https://www.midwestgunworks.com/bere...g-spacers.html

(Neither Brownells nor Beretta list it on their respective sites.)

For example, if you want to get the JB400SD28 ribbed barrel and do some more traditional shotgun stuff with your Tac.

Just realized MGW also has replacement C59948 mag tubes. From all the reading I've done on the Tac, that's the one thing that may show signs of wear and lead someone to want to replace it after 3000-4000 rounds. Brownells also lists it, but it's on backorder status. Last time I looked, a few years ago, I couldn't find them listed on any US site; only some random Euro site.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    Just realized MGW also has replacement C59948 mag tubes. From all the reading I've done on the Tac, that's the one thing that may show signs of wear and lead someone to want to replace it after 3000-4000 rounds. Brownells also lists it, but it's on backorder status. Last time I looked, a few years ago, I couldn't find them listed on any US site; only some random Euro site.
    I've got over 15k shells through my office 1301 and it has no significant wear past some rubbing from the op rod.

I really would not worry about it on these.
    Used to make pasta, now I make waffles.

21" comp

I also got word from someone on another forum that the new style bolt release will fit in the original comp. So I have one of those on order. Would you take the extra inch for an extra round? Or should I go for the +2? I just want this thing to be as short as possible to fit the "tactical" role.

1301 comp

I just don't know if I want to add a +2 or +3. I want to keep the length as short as possible so It can serve as a HD gun. The +3 will add a little less than an inch to the overall length. Not sure if an extra shell would be worth it. I got word from another guy that the new bolt release will work in the original comp, so I have one on order. Aridus said they are starting R&D on a crom in the next couple of months.

Also sorry for the double post. New to the forum and wasn't sure if the first one posted or not. Someone can delete that first one if they want haha.

Has anyone short barreled these down to 14" on a tax stamp yet? Not sure if it would still work and be reliable?

Pretty sure it's been discussed elsewhere, but my recollection is the gas system doesn't work well with the barrel shorter than the Tac's 18.5 inches. The dwell time isn't long enough to get the job done. If you want to go shorter and semi-auto, the recoil-operated Benellis are a good option. Also, lots of 922(r) parts for them.
    Not another dime.

I dumped a TLR1 on the cheap streamlight tube mounted rail. It looks pretty stupid. But it works pretty well.

Will the tac barrel go on a comp receiver? Just picked up the comp today. Shot 25 cheap estate bird shot rounds, and 20 rounds of buckshot. Cycled it all very well. Taking it out this weekend to hopefully pump a couple boxes through it. So far it feels extremely nice. The 21" also feels like a very compact package. Gen 2 bolt release and Nordic +2 are on their way.

No. The Comp receiver is set up for 3.5-in shells (bigger loading port for gaming) and barrels don't interchange.
    Not another dime.

User Tag List