Page 348 of 817 FirstFirst ... 248298338346347348349350358398448 ... LastLast
Results 3,471 to 3,480 of 8168

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Robinson View Post
    And I just started. I have high hopes, but while the first episode is fine and all it seems like a typical police drama so far.

and... a police detective (ex-SF of course) who has shot 5 people? I'm guessing Bosch will give Raylan Givens a run for his money when it comes to shootings.

But I like the character and still have high hopes.
    But would we watch "accurate" military or police dramas? Would be a lot of slow spots and a few seconds of terror.

Quote Originally Posted by Robinson View Post
    And I just started. I have high hopes, but while the first episode is fine and all it seems like a typical police drama so far.

and... a police detective (ex-SF of course) who has shot 5 people? I'm guessing Bosch will give Raylan Givens a run for his money when it comes to shootings.

But I like the character and still have high hopes.
    Five people? You must've blinked!...
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by ranger View Post
    But would we watch "accurate" military or police dramas? Would be a lot of slow spots and a few seconds of terror.
    Oh sure, I get that. Heck, Justified is my favorite show and it was far from realistic.

I'm just pointing a couple things I observed that seem typical of the genre so far. Not really a big criticism.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Five people? You must've blinked!...
    Five was the number Bosch gave on the witness stand during his trial over the shooting in the first episode.

I just watched all 5 seasons of The Wire...in about 2 weeks. Some parts are extremely difficult to watch, but it captures certain aspects urban life that would otherwise go untold in cities such as Baltimore (or Detroit or Oakland or Saint Louis or New Orleans or Cleveland or Camden or...).

I missed it when it originally aired because I was in a stage of life with little free time for TV. I’m glad I took the time to watch it 15 years later. Quite possibly one of the best shows that I’ve ever seen.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    I just watched all 5 seasons of The Wire...in about 2 weeks. Some parts are extremely difficult to watch, but it captures certain aspects urban life that would otherwise go untold in cities such as Baltimore (or Detroit or Oakland or Saint Louis or New Orleans or Cleveland or Camden or...).

I missed it when it originally aired because I was in a stage of life with little free time for TV. I’m glad I took the time to watch it 15 years later. Quite possibly one of the best shows that I’ve ever seen.
    Agree, it has many moments of brilliance...humor, pathos, and a comi-tragic view into the abyss.

Glad you enjoyed it. We recently finished watching it (again), for the I don't remember how many'th time.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    Had to see the Avengers: Endgame. Pretty good superhero movie. Pretty obvious tugs on your heart strings. Best part is what beer does to the superhero physique. Went to the senior matinee as my wife is correct that such movies are for nerdy types and she won't go.

Gangster Squad: Someone described this as all gangster movie clichés rolled into a single movie. Not a bad description, that. I still liked watching it, once.

The Dark Knight Rises: Eh. Stupid, stupid, stupid script... And I lost the firing pin spring of my 22/45! Which is obviously the fault of the movie. But seriously, the movie was very poorly written and the plot was full of holes, to the point that even though the whole thing was just background noise while I cleaned some guns the poor writing annoyed me.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    Had to see the Avengers: Endgame. Pretty good superhero movie. Pretty obvious tugs on your heart strings. Best part is what beer does to the superhero physique. Went to the senior matinee as my wife is correct that such movies are for nerdy types and she won't go.
    Saw it tonight. I really enjoyed it a lot. Recommend.
    Last edited by LOKNLOD; 05-10-2019 at 11:31 PM.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Site Supporter
    Watched Daylights End on Netflix.

Ok movie with better than average gun stuff. Basically a zombie movie where the survivors actually do things that make some sort of sense.

Trigger warning James Yeager and Sonny Pazuikas are in the movie.

User Tag List