Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: RFI: CCW Shirts

I'm a big fan of the Vertx guardian shirts right now, both long and short sleeve versions. I comfortably carry a Brigadier Tactical or a Roland Special AIWB every day.

I'm a Tommy Bahama silk-shirt guy or a lazy bastard and I wear a t-shirt and vest. My vest is a tropic weight Concealed Carry Clothiers model - https://www.concealedcarry.com/produ...cealment-vest/ - Recommend by Tom Givens. I like it a lot, works great.

Good info in this thread.

** <- pretend these asterisks are a thumbs up icon.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    I'm a Tommy Bahama silk-shirt guy or a lazy bastard and I wear a t-shirt and vest. My vest is a tropic weight Concealed Carry Clothiers model - https://www.concealedcarry.com/produ...cealment-vest/ - Recommend by Tom Givens. I like it a lot, works great.
    Took a look at that; I'm intrigued but I don't think it would work real well for me, given it's a second layer.

Rob it was so hot here in Tampa today, I saw a dog chasing a cat, and they were both walking....

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Geez Rob the cocealedcarry.com vests were a real blast from my past, may still have my 2/3 from the mid 90's IF they made the Tx migration in 2005 which is sorta doubtful.

I like the canvas like shirts from Bass Pro and Cabelas. Last summer I got into the fishing shirts but haven't settled on which are the good ones. Some come out of the drier looking great and others look like wrinkled up crap. I am not ironing casual shirts.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by CraigS View Post
    I like the canvas like shirts from Bass Pro and Cabelas. Last summer I got into the fishing shirts but haven't settled on which are the good ones. Some come out of the drier looking great and others look like wrinkled up crap. I am not ironing casual shirts.
    I am in the same boat with the fishing shirts, washing drying, some great-some terrible, and yes not ironing them. I just put one of the terminally wrinkled one in the donation bag.

I don't know, guys. If your concealment attire prevents printing yet still screams 'GUN,' you're doing it wrong in my book.

Some of the shirts mentioned in this thread are attention-grabbers, in a not-good way, even if they do prevent printing. I prefer clothing that masks the entire concept & activity of carrying.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ubervic View Post
    Some of the shirts mentioned in this thread are attention-grabbers, in a not-good way, even if they do prevent printing. I prefer clothing that masks the entire concept & activity of carrying.

Could you be a little more specific? I know the tactical type uniform shirts are a give away and apparently my Hawaiian screams GUN!!!!!!!! but what are the others ?

I just bought a couple of these, and I have a few of the regular Dickies:
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    I got the grey and the red (still on the way). My wife said in the grey one I looked "cute", so probably not a give away...
    Last edited by mmc45414; 06-06-2018 at 02:49 PM.

User Tag List