Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: SHOT Show 2024

Quote Originally Posted by Cory View Post
    Intresting story on Instgram by JJ Racaza about Shotshow range day.

Looks like my thoughts on a new bobcat might work out.

Attachment 114220
    I didn't realize I wanted one of these.

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...s-cats-reborn/
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

I expected to be disapointed with SHOT again but so far I'm really excited for what I'm seeing. 20ga FlightControl load, Lipsey's Ultimate Carry J frame, Beretta 30X, S&W 1854, Dainel Defense H9, and we're barely into the first day. I'm not going to end up buying all of them but it's still cool to see.

ETA And somehow I forgot the PX4 G SD. I don't see myself getting back into the PX4 platform, but it's still cool to see. I saw a video the other day about those compensators. They are also avilable for Glock 19s. It's a neat product on it's own.
    Last edited by Bigghoss; 01-22-2024 at 09:45 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Quote Originally Posted by Cory View Post
    Intresting story on Instgram by JJ Racaza about Shotshow range day.

Looks like my thoughts on a new bobcat might work out.
    Yeah, I legitimately chuckled when I saw your list. We improved the sights (and added dovetails), improved the trigger significantly, the grips are better, the durability is better, the safety is better, added a round to the mag, the barrel is retained by a chicago screw not a pin now, and there is a dovetail mount RDO plate on the way.
    Product Manager: ProShop, Collaborations and Special Projects
    Former R&D designer
    Beretta USA

Quote Originally Posted by Ben_G View Post
    Yeah, I legitimately chuckled when I saw your list. We improved the sights (and added dovetails), improved the trigger significantly, the grips are better, the durability is better, the safety is better, added a round to the mag, the barrel is retained by a chicago screw not a pin now, and there is a dovetail mount RDO plate on the way.
    This is something that interests me.

”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Back to the main topic on this thread, those S&Ws look awesome, I can't wait to check them out at the show. Also, what do you know, the Hudson is back, that's a must visit as well.

I also am kicking myself for not mentioning PSA since they normally throw a curveball or two, and this year it looks like they did it all. Very interested in that 5.7 and the shotgun.
    Product Manager: ProShop, Collaborations and Special Projects
    Former R&D designer
    Beretta USA

Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post
    . . . S&W 1854 . . .
    This actually is interesting. If it is a quality product, and they offer the stainless version in .357, I may end up with one. I have no need for one, but have always wanted a lever action .357.

. . . Dainel Defense H9 . . .
    Is this the 2024 show, or 2017? Other than being "optics ready," what's changed from the Hudson?

Quote Originally Posted by DMF13 View Post
    Is this the 2024 show, or 2017? Other than being "optics ready," what's changed from the Hudson?
    Every part except a single spring…

Don’t get me wrong. I’m not sure that an ultra-low bore axis is worth the tradeoffs which include:
    Proprietary magazines, relatively heavy, no manual safety or SCD, little in the way of aftermarket support, etc.

I’ll revisit the concept it in 3 years if DD is still making them…
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben_G View Post
    It's seriously everything I would have wanted to add to the original. I'm pretty happy about it. That makes 2 more Berettas and a Tikka on my wish list.

Edit: Wait, is the 22lr gone? That's a huge bummer if so. The 22lr is the biggest interest for me. The fun of a supprrssed plinker pocket that can be suppressed. Even if a 20X isn't available at the moment, I like the direction things are moving.

I'm still looking through all the releases. So far Beretta and Aridus have drawn my interest most. Still want to look at what PSA has going, and what's going on the world of optics.
    Last edited by Cory; 01-22-2024 at 05:47 PM.

Looks like Aero Precision has a space cowboy gat in the works.

https://www.facebook.com/aeroprecisi...3423205517895/
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post
    Could we maybe get something that looks less like an AR and more like a traditional lever action but still chambered for 5.56 and .300 BLK and using AR mags? Not gonna happen but I would love to see it.
    It looks like I'm plesently surprised again because Henry has done just that. Here's hoping I can get one that can cowitness a red dot and irons. That's probably asking too much.
    https://youtube.com/shorts/JKepqJzgF...kHxKfo5ilJTD_X

User Tag List