Page 682 of 3517 FirstFirst ... 18258263267268068168268368469273278211821682 ... LastLast
Results 6,811 to 6,820 of 35162

Thread: Make me laugh - the PF memes thread - NO POLITICAL MEMES

Quote Originally Posted by LockedBreech View Post
    The IPA trend is straight up the worst thing to happen to bottled adult beverages since Smirnoff Ice. Hey guys, aren't you bored of this beer that actually tastes good? Let's make it trendy to pretend to like beer that tastes like it went bad.

I was in college during the absolute peak of this trend and when 50% of the beer options at any bar or liquor store are that garbage it gets frustrating.
    1) What's wrong with Smirnoff Ice? It's like alcoholic Sprite

2) I've toyed with the idea of introducing other south-Asia themed beers:
    PPA - Pakistani Pale Ale
    BPA - Bangladeshi Pale Ale
    APA - Afghani Pale Ale
    ... etc.
    "The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

Alcohol is an acquired taste. I never drank when I was a kid and it still tastes like nasty ass gasoline in everything today. It's popular because of social pressure and history, people just get used to it over time to the point where it's enjoyable.

I would try more original beer like they had in the middle ages just for the sake of trying it out, that wasn't alcohol so much as it was weird liquid bread everyone in the family drank to avoid explosive-face-syphilis.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    1) What's wrong with Smirnoff Ice? It's like alcoholic Sprite
    Yeah my wife likes that stuff.

Site Supporter
    I've been on a Belgian Wheat trend for a while myself. (Leinenkugel's - Sunset Wheat)
    My wife found a homemade mosquito repellant that calls for beer. I bought a six pack of the cheapest thing on the shelf. (Rolling Rock) I only need two cans, so I tried one of the others, not expecting much. It's actually pretty decent.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LockedBreech View Post
    The IPA trend is straight up the worst thing to happen to bottled adult beverages since Smirnoff Ice. Hey guys, aren't you bored of this beer that actually tastes good? Let's make it trendy to pretend to like beer that tastes like it went bad.

I was in college during the absolute peak of this trend and when 50% of the beer options at any bar or liquor store are that garbage it gets frustrating.
    There are a few IPAs I like, but in general I greatly prefer pale ales over IPAs. I've lessened my beer consumption overall in favor of bourbon and rye, but still enjoy a beer once or twice a week.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    Alamo beer, which I think exists only in the cartoon.
    Or, an ice cold "Duff"....
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

Vending Machine Operator
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigguy View Post
    I've been on a Belgian Wheat trend for a while myself. (Leinenkugel's - Sunset Wheat)
    My wife found a homemade mosquito repellant that calls for beer. I bought a six pack of the cheapest thing on the shelf. (Rolling Rock) I only need two cans, so I tried one of the others, not expecting much. It's actually pretty decent.
    I love Leinenkugel's. Sunset Wheat is great for drinking and also makes for a mean broth for slow cooker pork shoulders. Summer Shandy is a wonderful hot day porch beer even if it's so weak it's basically lemonade. I'm 6'5" 250 with high tolerance, so I never drink beer to get drunk, it takes so many to get me there that it feels like I ate three pizzas.
    Last edited by LockedBreech; 08-07-2018 at 11:44 AM.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

“Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

"You can't win a war with choirboys. " Mad Mike Hoare

Site Supporter
    I'll take the Jolly Ranchers straight up and skip the Zima.

User Tag List